Join now - be part of our community!

How is 2 months to replace a faulty screen acceptable?

profile.country.GB.title
McG.17
Explorer

How is 2 months to replace a faulty screen acceptable?

My sony smart tv suddenly wouldnt switch on  as it was in warrenty contacted sony who allocated the case to one of their contractors.  Engineer came out and said I needed a whole new TV.  One was ordered and was delivered within a week. Only the new screen had huge ring shaped shadows across the screen.  Now over 2 months after origanly reporting the issue the contractor is saying they are struggling to get a screen from Sony and Sony support line are saying the issue is with the contractors internal ordering system.

I pointed out to the service centre that the contractor is not mine its theirs and if the contractor cant provide an acceptable level of service then Sony should be making alternative arrangements.  No resolution offered at all and no way of making a complaint except for the same advisor emailing someone and then phoning me back in 3 days time. 

This just isnt acceptable customer service.  If sony think this acceptable  then its the last sony product I'll ever be buying  and I spend thousands each year on sony products.

3 REPLIES 3
profile.country.GB.title
cass_n
Community Team

Hi @McG.17,

Welcome to the community and thanks for sharing.  I have escalated this to Support, so someone from the team will be in touch to assist you.

Thanks,

Cass

profile.country.GB.title
McG.17
Explorer

Now over 3 months.   Customer relations got involved a few days after my opening post and agreed to arrange a refund.  Since then they've gone silent.  Service centre wont help as "Customer relations are dealing with it" and "we'll email them to call you." Despite phoning and asking every week they havent called me.

Social media team have also said theyve passed on messages and no call. Social media are very quick at asking you to PM them though to maintain the image thst they are trying to help  but seriously after 3 months I'm convinced Sony just stall until you go away. That wont be the case with me.

I got in touch with the retailer and Sony promised a resolution last week. When they failed to contact me I tried again and the retailer was promised theyd call me today.  Seeing as they are now closed I doubt thats going to happen.  

Sony truely has the worst customer services I have ever experienced.  They are on a par with cowboy builders   take your money but arent interested in helping their customers when their dodgy products fail. 

profile.country.GB.title
cass_n
Community Team

Hi again @McG.17 - I'm sorry to hear you are still experiencing issues.  I have escalated this once more for you - please let me know if you do not receive a response from Support to resolve this, as I will then investigate further.