Join now - be part of our community!

How to move back or forward by smaller steps in BBC iPlayer?

profile.country.GB.title
antaylor111
Explorer

How to move back or forward by smaller steps in BBC iPlayer?

Hi,

Just bought a 2012 Bravia but I am not liking the BBC iplayer at all. Apart from it being extremely slow and unresposive to button presses (takes around a second and a half to register button clicks), I find by far the most frustrating thing is choosing a point in the time bar to play from. Every time I press back or forward, iPlayer jumps by around 7-8 minutes! Is there a way to go back or forward by smaller increments?

Today I wanted to go back a few seconds becaused I missed what somebody said but I could only go back 7 minutes!! Crazy! Also, after resuming play, the menu borders stay on screen for too long obscuring the actual screen.

Please Sony, can you improve the iPlayer experience as it is too frustrating as it is at the moment and what can I do move in smaller steps?

Thanks.

2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

Unfortunatley Sony does not have any control over the iPlayer software.  Sony only provide the means to access it, after that its up to the BBC. 

I also find it slow and difficult/frustrating to use.  Its not quite mum/dad friendly yet.

Try posting your problems on the BBC forums/support

profile.country.GB.title
antaylor111
Explorer

Thanks for your reply. Really, the iPlayer for the Bravia's is developed by the BBC and not Sony? Because iPlayer runs absolutey perfectly on a PC so I don't know why it is so different via the Sony TV's? I think I will do as you suggest and email the BBC about it, hopefully there could be a software update int he near future...