Join now - be part of our community!

How to set up tv wake up from video inputs

profile.country.en_LV.title
sandissipols
New

How to set up tv wake up from video inputs

Hi,

Recently bought Sony Bravia TV set KDL-40R470A, working fine but I am using IP television broadcast.

I would like to use only one remote, I could not find any solution in TV menu.

I want put automaticaly TV to sleep/ wake up, when turn on/off IP television decoder.

Any ideas???

Thank you.

3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

I think more information is required here. IP Television broadcast, is that from a separate box (ie YouView) or is that the IP channels on Freeview (ie Channel 225 onwards)?

Generally, supported Sony equipment will work with Bravia Sync (with control over HDMI set to on) for a 1 remote solution.

From my understanding on turning things on/off etc - If you turn the device on, this turns the TV on automattically (not the other way around), and If you turn the TV off, it will turn the device off automattically (again, not the other way around) - with exceptions

Anyway, as i said above, I think more information is required here - on specifics.

Cheers.

profile.country.en_LV.title
sandissipols
New

IP television from seperate box trough HDMI cable.

If I turn on seperate box then TV turns on and the same with off- this would be perfect.

Have seen feature on other TV's that there is no video signal it goes to sleep almost instantly and back on when appears video signal again.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

Im not too sure to be honest.

All i can suggest is to ensure that Control for HDMI (or CEC Functions) are switched on for both the TV and seperate box.

Cheers.