Join now - be part of our community!

How to with my new smart bravia tv

sonytvbuyer1
Explorer

How to with my new smart bravia tv

Hi,

New to the forum.

I bought 2 weeks ago a Sony Bravia tv. I have 4 questions:

1. I was able to sign in succesfully with the tele. After the latest update this is not possible anymore.

2. Can you only use skype using a skype camera? I have a logitech camera and connecting this to the usb port does not work.

3. How to do screen mirroring with an iphone 5? I was not able to figure this out.

4. Can you add other apps to the tv? Like rte player or bbc iplayer?

Would be great if I can get some of the above sorted out. Thanks for anybody who can help.

Yong

2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

Ill try and answer your questions:

@sonytvbuyer1 wrote:

1. I was able to sign in succesfully with the tele. After the latest update this is not possible anymore.

Im a little confused on this.  Can you please explain exactly what you are signing into?  Is it an application/website etc?

@sonytvbuyer1 wrote:

2. Can you only use skype using a skype camera? I have a logitech camera and connecting this to the usb port does not work.

You will need to use a Sony Skype camera, Model = CMU-BR200.  See HERE for more details

@sonytvbuyer1 wrote:

3. How to do screen mirroring with an iphone 5? I was not able to figure this out

The FAQ : HERE will be able to answer this one.

@sonytvbuyer1 wrote:

4. Can you add other apps to the tv? Like rte player or bbc iplayer?

If you have connected this TV to your home network (via your ISP's router) you should be able to see the various Applications available.  If you have a UK based IP address, you should be able to access the BBC iPlayer.  RTE Player is Ireland and I dont know anything about that one im afraid.  You cannot add your own applications, but try selecting All Applications.

Hope this helps.

Cheers

sonytvbuyer1
Explorer

Thanks for your response. I only just went back to the forum so apologies for the late response from my side.

onytvbuyer1 wrote:

Im a little confused on this.  Can you please explain exactly what you are signing into?  Is it an application/website etc?

Everytime I switch on the television it is signing in succesfully. I'd say it is checking if there are any updates. After 2 weeks the television told me that there were new updates. So I did. Every time I switch on the television from then on I got the message that it was unable to sign in succesfully. I guess maybe I have to delete the update of the "firmware" of the tv but I am not sure if so and how to do that.

A pity I cannot connect my own logitech webcam. And as you mentioned below it is not possible to add any other apps to the tv yourself like on the phone.

Thanks anyway for your help.