Join now - be part of our community!

New High End Bravia Line 1rst impression

profile.country.FR.title
ClarkLong
Expert

New High End Bravia Line 1rst impression

Hi guys, I’m back from Vegas after a VERY short journey. As usual there were lots of technologies show off. If this year was quite casual (we expected 4K to be THE main topic) Sony really brought up nice surprises with their new line TV. Design & performance were the two main key words to qualify them (the high end ones)

After the classy Monolithic design then the Quartz design, Sony surprised everybody with the new “Wedge” shape design. The new 4K TV X9005 series has a shape that is used to enhance audio performances. The triangle shape designed by Sony true artists allowed the engineers to fits larger speaker cabinets which result in a MUCH MUCH better sound response. The result is a kicking sound while also giving the TVs a very unique& distinctive look.

X9a.jpg

X9b.jpg

If the 4K TV X9005 series was the TV that won the design prize, my BIG THUMBS UP was for the top of the range Bravia X9505 that really still X9’s thunder in term of performance. This year the TV packs latest tech like the unbeaten picture quality of Xreality Pro 4K  + wide color range Trilluminos technology, it now also FINALLY (it was my biggest complaint from Sony first 4K TV) includes a Full Array LED backlighting with local dimming feature. This technology under the name of “Xtended Dynamic Range” guaranty the highest contrast possible for an LCD screen since it can dimmer the dark zone of the picture to allow bright whites & deep (still with gradient) blacks! At the booth, I could see some blooming effect around areas of bright contrast but that could just be due to the local trade show environment which requires leveling up the backlighting. 

X95.jpg

The X9005 is an impressive display & its picture quality is REALLY jaw dropping. I’m thankful to Sony for finally bringing back the FULL LED backlighting tech inherited from the famous FULL HD HX9 series which makes the X9505 the best 4K TV to date… I personally think that the only TV that can beat this really true flagship panel is Sony’s own 4K OLED prototype TV! The 65" is apparently a Sony USA exclusive....I REALLY DO hope that Sony Europe will change their mind because I can already picture that screen in my living room  :grin:

ClarkLong 😃

4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks ClarkLong - Not seen the line-up yet (thats tomorrow :slight_smile:

I do like the looks of the wedge shape.  However the stand on the X95 - Ive already heard it been referred as an "old-skool" blackboard. Is that an accurate description?

How was that 30grand short-throw projector? 

profile.country.FR.title
ClarkLong
Expert

Well the X9505 "Blackboard" style is only for the 85...which is kind of out of reach for most of us... so It is not really an issue. The 65" has a stand that is kind of similar to the X9005 wedge one. Notice that the stand of the Wedge design has 2 positions. One at the tips & at the center so it can "sit on" small furniture :wink:

No worries it's still a very classy blackboard hehe The TV itself is really nice. Chrome finish is on the top and the two left/right borders of the screen are fold back (reminded me of the Sony Xperia Tablet S)

AS I said, in terme of design the X9005 REALLY strike out, but in term of performance, X9505 really blows everything away!

The short-throw projector is a very nice experience to try :slight_smile:

profile.country.en_GB.title
StartTheCar
Contributor

Good work dude.

Would you mind if someone movied this into the UK TV forum?  Just a thought but I think a lot of people would be interested in it.

L

profile.country.FR.title
ClarkLong
Expert

You're welcome Lee.

You know how picky I am and this year I gotta admit Sony didn't left much room for me to complain this time hehe I have some doubt about the number of dimming zone but so far WHOA!!!

Yeah feel free to post it in the UK forum. I would have done it if I could :slight_smile: