Join now - be part of our community!

I have just purchased second hand a Bravia 40w4710 is it possible to purchase a wireless adaptor for this set and if so which one is compatible, any help would be much appreciated

profile.country.en_GB.title
9662ac
Visitor

I have just purchased second hand a Bravia 40w4710 is it possible to purchase a wireless adaptor for this set and if so which one is compatible, any help would be much appreciated

I have just purchased second hand a Bravia 40w4710 does anyone know can I purchase a wireless LAN adaptor for this set and if so the compatible model I would need....any help would be much appreciated

5 REPLIES 5
Bravia55HX

Hi,

you would need the UWA-BR100 sony wireless adaptor as others simply will not work.

9662ac
Visitor

Thank you very much your help is much appreciated

drhowells
New

I didn't think the W series TVs supported this wireless adapter?

Can Catmambo or another Mod confirm that the Sony adapter will work on this TV please.

Bravia55HX

Hi,

sorry, i believe drhowells may be right, this is an early model therefore not able to connect to the internet in this way, sorry about that.

Catmambo
Contributor

Dr Howells is corrent  - the dongle only works on 2010 devices onwards (HX,EX,LX,NX etc) rather than the previous generation of models ( S,W,X, Z etc).

Instead maybe look at a 2012 Blu-ray player with integrated wifi as it would cost a little bit more than a dongle, but will give you all the connected functionality including video and depending ont he model, DLNA in one box..

Thanks