Join now - be part of our community!

KDL-46HX-753 - Problems with Internet conent

profile.country.en_GB.title
Rishi214662
Visitor

KDL-46HX-753 - Problems with Internet conent

Hi - I recently purchased the KDL-46HX753 and its a fantastic TV. However i have come across problems accessing the various internet content within the Sony entertainment network such as Iplayer and other channels.

Typically what will happen is i will access a video but it will take a very long time to load/or in some cases it just hangs while the video loads and so i have to manually get out of the app.

I am wondering is this something to do with my wireless connection? i have checked the status and it shows as connected and i normally have 3 or 4 bars ? so i am wondering whether its something to do with the TV or Sonys network?

Has anyone else come across this issue? Any adivce would be appreciated

Thanks

7 REPLIES 7
Bravia55HX

Hi,

the only thing that springs to mind here is if the router is in another room, as Sony tv's are a bit sensitive when it comes to picking up wireless connections, my router is next to the tv and is wireless and so far had no problems with this. you could try an ethernet cable and see if this improves things then if so and the router is indeed in another room then perhaps try and get it closer. 

just a suggestion.

Rishi214662
Visitor

Hi thanks for your reply. Its really strange YouTube BBC iPlayer all work. If you go to internet content and then Sony entertainment and select a video such as mad about you season 1 does that work? So far none of the items in the Sony entertainment television works for me apart from the how to guides.

drhowells
New

I agree with Bravia55HX923. Wireless is generally not the best method to stream video content. If your router is too far away from the TV (or other devices), I would highly recommend looking into HomePlug adapters. They will give you a much more reliable user experience. I use them myself :slight_smile:       

Rishi214662
Visitor

Thanks! Any recommendations where I can purchase these home hubs?

drhowells
New

I am not sure if there are rules about what I can mention on here or not, but...... you can buy them in most major retailers, such as the famous large South American river website :slight_smile:

Bravia55HX
Rishi214662
Visitor

Great thanks for All your help guys !