Join now - be part of our community!

Intelligent Core on kdl42w563

SOLVED
profile.country.en_IE.title
redtopper1

Intelligent Core on kdl42w563

hi can anyone help me understand this function does it change colour to whats on tv or is it something else a bit confused.

Floating over a circular stand, the TV has an Intelligent Core that changes colour according to the content source

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
adam_cr

It only changes colour depending on the actions the TV is performing, i.e it turns green when connecting to a remote device or orange when the timer is set.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

My understanding is that the "Intelligent Core" emits a different coloured LED light according to the input source.  I guess the input source is deteremind by the HDMI device connected.  It looks to me like a small ambient light.

A couple of links for you

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U2EGB18FlJY

https://feelthebeauty.sony-asia.com/content/design

Cheers

profile.country.en_IE.title
redtopper1

so its not whats on the screen,so it will change colour if i use the ps3 instead of sky

Anonymous
Not applicable

Ive not seen it work, so cannot 100% confirm.  However thinking logically, if it kept flashing different colours depending on whats on the screen, it would be very very irritating.

Also, do we even have that technology in the mainstream? As in - to be able to "see" whats on the screen.

Changing the led light colour depending on the HDMI input would be rather easy to implement anyhow.

Maybe another member on this board can confirm (model is W653 by the way)

adam_cr

It only changes colour depending on the actions the TV is performing, i.e it turns green when connecting to a remote device or orange when the timer is set.

pennbank

IMG_2497.jpg

pennbank

The LED Light is actualy not that bright as you can see from it lit just under the Sony Badge