Join now - be part of our community!

Internet Browser - Default Homepage (KDL-32EX723)

SOLVED
profile.country.GB.title
mikey_boy_uk
New

Internet Browser - Default Homepage (KDL-32EX723)

Hi,

I have a Sony Bravia KDL-32EX723.

I can't find the answer to this in the i-Manual, so hoping someone may be able to advise me.

At the moment, when I open the internet browser on my Sony Braiva TV, the default homepage is the Sony website.

Is there a way to change the default homepage to one of the bookmarks I have already saved for a number of different websites, rather than it loading the Sony website?

Thanks!

14 REPLIES 14
profile.country.en_GB.title
donbradbury
Explorer

True, so why include a Web Browser if it's essentially unusable?

As I say then, not much point in adding a Browser to a TV. Might as well stick with the PC and do the job right.

Don

Catmambo
Contributor

Simply that the browser is needed to deliver services like BBC iPlayer and many of the new services on the horizon.

There are far better and easier ways of surfing the web via a tablet, smartphone, laptop or htpc..

cheers

KDL-CX520
Visitor

See this wirless keyboard / touchpad from Sony for Sony internet tv

100$ :neutral:

http://store.sony.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?catalogId=10551&storeId=10151&langId=...

Wait !!! don't dream much to browse everything , because the browser don't have flash player plugged-in , the flash player is a heavy program on the tv processor :wink:

donbradbury
Explorer

Exactly! Shame, that Logitech device looks just like what TV Internet Browser users need.

Don

profile.country.GB.title
spotbot1
Explorer

I'm having the same roblem with my xe9005 I bought at Xmas, I want to use Google and have followed the instructions but there is no Option icon on my settings, so I'm stuck. Also I find downloads being stopped by Sony Browser for some reason. Any Help would be great.