Join now - be part of our community!

Internet Browser on KDL-32CX520

profile.country.hr_HR.title
josipogo
Visitor

Internet Browser on KDL-32CX520

I would have question for community regarding my Sony Bravia KDL-32cx520 and build in Internet Browser on it.

What is tematic of question. Throught post on this forum bunch of answer is that internet browser on Bravia do not support Adobe Flash and that is true. I mean true if you go with browser on any site that require flash (require installing plug-in) but if you go with browser on www.dailymotion.com and try to play video, it will play without problem. So what is the catch, does anyone have an answer on this?

Thanks.

3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

I maybe wrong about this but....From my understanding the web-browser built into the TV's are more for the code for back-end compatibility for some of the links that are displayed on the Internet Video section. The web-browser is based on Opera from 2011 onwards.

The reason I suspect this is because a little while ago, my BBC iPlayer crashed, and displayed an error message via the web-browser. So a website like Dailymotion may work because it has been designed to. Other websites that have embedded video, wont (as its not been especially designed to).

Hope that helps

profile.country.da_DK.title
Nielsen

Some web pages are now using html5, which are dragged partly by mobile and tablet (no flash). You can on this link see your TV browser html5 readiness :

http://html5test.com/results/television.html

profile.country.hr_HR.title
josipogo
Visitor

Clear. I am just hope that will Sony upgrade build in Opera browser to 3.4 that bring better experience.