Join now - be part of our community!

Internet on KDL-32W5500?

SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
myerg63
Visitor

Internet on KDL-32W5500?

I have a Bravia KDL-32W5500 which is badged as internet ready. I have connected it to my home network using a Netgear wifi adapter in the Ethernet port. The TV knows it is connected - a small number of new apps have come up, and I can access my Windows 7 PC as a media server. However, I can't get Lovefilm, which was my main aim in connecting it. The menu items mentioned in the Lovefilm instructions don't appear.

Am I doing something wrong, or do I need a firmware upgrade for the TV, or is this model not compatible with the newer internet services? Help please!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Catmambo
Contributor

Hi

No this model doesn't have video services. Checkout the SMP-N200 Netbox as this would be the easiest way of adding the video services, or all of the current Blu-ray players feature it also.

Thanks

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Catmambo
Contributor

Hi

No this model doesn't have video services. Checkout the SMP-N200 Netbox as this would be the easiest way of adding the video services, or all of the current Blu-ray players feature it also.

Thanks

myerg63
Visitor

Is there a list of which blu-ray players are appropriate? I already bought an 'internet ready' Sony Tv that isn't - don't want to make the same mistake again!

Bravia55HX

Hi,

as catmambo has said, all the current model blu ray players support it, i have the BDP-S570 a cracking little deck!