Join now - be part of our community!

Internet TV don ´t mean internet? am I scammed?

SOLVED
profile.country.sv_SE.title
lagtag
Visitor

Internet TV don ´t mean internet? am I scammed?

My new Bravia EX720 is supposed t be a "internet"TV.

But I can´t surf to the tvchannels I want. Only those URL:s that Sony have decided. And maybe got paid for?

Am I scammed, or is there a way to see my tvplay channels?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.GB.title
65hx923_cust11
New

If you refer about browsing different Websites, the answer is yes. You are able to browse whichever site wish. Once you are in the browser which by default opens in the Sony website, no surprise here, it would be stupid otherwise. You could use the remote options button to enter a new url or web address, add bookmarks and similar stuff that you do with an ordinary browsers. You could use the remote keyboard application in your Vaio to entre text in the browser. It will allow you to use the keyboard of your Vaio for entering the text in the TV browser. You could also download the smart phone app to enter text as well. If none of this is available to you the remote can do it but it is more inconvenient. There are limitations with this browser; it does not support some technologies so some websites will not work. If you want to see different TV channels then you should use your TV not your browser.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
profile.country.GB.title
65hx923_cust11
New

If you refer about browsing different Websites, the answer is yes. You are able to browse whichever site wish. Once you are in the browser which by default opens in the Sony website, no surprise here, it would be stupid otherwise. You could use the remote options button to enter a new url or web address, add bookmarks and similar stuff that you do with an ordinary browsers. You could use the remote keyboard application in your Vaio to entre text in the browser. It will allow you to use the keyboard of your Vaio for entering the text in the TV browser. You could also download the smart phone app to enter text as well. If none of this is available to you the remote can do it but it is more inconvenient. There are limitations with this browser; it does not support some technologies so some websites will not work. If you want to see different TV channels then you should use your TV not your browser.