Join now - be part of our community!

iplayer problems

SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
getunni
Visitor

iplayer problems

All the network TV content works but on iplayer, I can select a program but not play it. Any ideas?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Catmambo
Contributor

Hmm, could be something temporary at BBC side as no other services are affected. Are you running the latest firmware? It may sort itself out naturally if it's a glitch on their side, otherwise yes do a factory reset and unplug it from the mains for a minute or so to flush everything' just in case it's something on device..

View solution in original post

12 REPLIES 12
baxgemden
Visitor

I am having the same issues LoveFilm etc works fine but the iplayer isnt working wont let me watch anything wont even load through chanel lists etc either. Anyone have any ideas as to why the bbc iplayer is no longer working. Have done a factory reset also in the hope that that might do someyhing but nothing.......

baxgemden
Visitor

Forgot to mention I am streaming from a Sony 3D Blu ray Smart enabled player

getunni
Visitor

me too

baxgemden
Visitor

Now come on Sony let us know what has caused this and what you are doing to resolve the problem!!!!!!

getunni
Visitor

Yes come on Sony, it really only is the iplayer. What is missing is the play icon once you have selected the program. One other thing, half the screen is out of sight, the links are there at the bottom of the screen but it looks like the picture is too big for the screen I am watching on.

Catmambo
Contributor

Hmm, could be something temporary at BBC side as no other services are affected. Are you running the latest firmware? It may sort itself out naturally if it's a glitch on their side, otherwise yes do a factory reset and unplug it from the mains for a minute or so to flush everything' just in case it's something on device..

getunni
Visitor

The reset has allowed the contente to be attempted to be played however now there is a pop-up 'Unforyuanetly this programme is not currently available. BBC iplayer was unable to connect to the required server. Please check your network connection and try again'

I find this odd as it has clearly conneceted to give me a list of content.

getunni
Visitor

I have just reset my internet connections via the Sony menu amnd it now works. Thanks very much.

baxgemden
Visitor

Mines working too now tyvm for help