Join now - be part of our community!

IR Blaster with KD49X8505B

profile.country.en_GB.title
ribates84
Explorer

IR Blaster with KD49X8505B

Hi

I recently bought a KD49X8505B that includes an IR Blaster. I assume other recent models include it too.

However, the TV will only allow me to configure it if I first disable HDMI Control of other devices. I have a Sony surround system and PS4 that support HDMI Control, and a Virgin Media TiVo box that I'd like to use with the IR Blaster.

Why can't I use both? It could use the correct one, depending on which device is selected.

thanks

1 REPLY 1
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

I am not 100% sure on how this particular blaster works.  There is very very little information in regards to it.

One thing that I did find is that if you havent done it already - update the firmware :

http://www.sony.co.uk/support/en/content/cnt-dwnl/prd-tvhc/bravia-kdlw-firmware-update-v2222/KD-49X8...

As the FW fixes:

**For UK customers using KDL-49/55/65/70X8505B models: fixes the problem of missing IR Blaster setting menu

Now, as the IR Blaster does not connect using HDMI therefore HDMI-CEC (Bravia Sync/ Control for HDMI) will not work, as its non-existant.

I did see this on Amazon : HERE - however I have not fully looked into it, and it may not even be applicable to your scenario/use.

I guess think of it as an added bonus.

Hope this helps anyway.