Join now - be part of our community!

Guide and Search

SOLVED
Sunbite
Explorer

Guide and Search

I recently swapped out a faulty TV for a Sony KDL-32W705B and am using the satellite receiver.  Because of the "no event information" issue with the normal guide, I'm using Guide and Search for programme info.  But I can find no way to go directly to the desired programme from that app as Ok just takes me to extended info.  The only way I've found so far is ok -> social viewing -> cancel out when it asks to connect

This is a bit long-winded and I'm wondering if there's a button I should be pushing on my remote to actually select a channel from Guide and Search?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Sunbite
Explorer

I've played a bit more and found a slightly easier way to choose the programme.

Its not instant, but I press OK on the programme in the guide, OK again on the details screen and OK again on the 'tune' option.  This takes me to the programme I want.  I'm guessing there's no button on the remote to wrap all these key presses into one but hey, slightly easier than going in and out of social view

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
profile.country.IT.title
rooobb
Expert

I do not have a satellite, so I don't know if there is a specific issue there. with the digital tuner pressing ok on the actual program goes directly to that channel. It doesn't work only if you are selecting a future program on that channel..

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

As well as what Rooobb said above - im a little confused on what you are trying to do.  If you are using the Satelite tuner that is built into the TV - there is no real functional 'guide' - purely because the satelite guide is for a brand called Freesat and this is not a Freesat TV.

Now, the only reason why I can think that when pressing OK to change the channel, its going to Extended info instead, is exactly what Rooobb said above - because the program has not started yet (future program). 

Cheers

Sunbite
Explorer

Thanks for the replies.  I fully understand the satellite issue with the normal guide in that it shows 'no event information' for channels until you scroll through and even then only current and next slots are shown.

My issue is with the Gracenote extended guide, called Guide and Search (so there are 2x EPGs - normal and web-based).  Because of the restrictions with the normal guide, I'm having to use the extended which is great because it shows far more information.  But the problem I have is that I when I press ok on a specific programme (not in the future, one that is currently on air) it takes me to the details screen where I see options such as cast, series etc. rather than to the programme itself.  

The only help I can find on the web is how to set up the guide not how to use it.  Tbh I'm fast realising it's just there to 'view' and there doesn't appear to be a 'use' function.  Odd because I can use Sideview from my tablet with no issues which is also web-based.  Problem I have with that is the listings are quite small and are quiite difficult to see.

Sunbite
Explorer

I've played a bit more and found a slightly easier way to choose the programme.

Its not instant, but I press OK on the programme in the guide, OK again on the details screen and OK again on the 'tune' option.  This takes me to the programme I want.  I'm guessing there's no button on the remote to wrap all these key presses into one but hey, slightly easier than going in and out of social view

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

Thanks for responding back, as it just may help someone else too.

Cheers