Join now - be part of our community!

Is sky player coming to bravia internet tv's ?

SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
holidaychicken
Visitor

Is sky player coming to bravia internet tv's ?

Hi All, this is my first post so hopefully get it about right.

i have had a bit of a search around this topic but cant find an up to date answer.

i have the full sky package and a sony HX803 internet tv.

i wanted to get sky anytime plus to access hundreds of free films and programs rather than be limited to whats showing at the time but as i am not in a sky broadband area i cant get it, so i thought i would get an internet tv and get skyplayer as i can on my pc but didnt realise it was only selective internet sites you can see, so my next thought was to get a ps3 as you can browse the net on that, except skyplayer!!!

does anyone know when or if skyplayer will be available on the tv or ps3 as i would love to keep with the sony products

i have got a sony BD player and surround system but dont think that helps.

i tried my sons xbox on it today and it worked a charm but he doesnt live with me

any help would be much appreciated

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Catmambo
Contributor

Hi and welcome to the board. No news on any new partnerships at the moment. As you can appreciate, this kind of information is commercially very sensitive, That said, we launched Sky News just before Christmas which has been pretty well received and continue to engage with a large number of partners with a view to expanding the line-up of content services.

Sorry i can't be more specific on this occassion.

Thanks

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
Catmambo
Contributor

Hi and welcome to the board. No news on any new partnerships at the moment. As you can appreciate, this kind of information is commercially very sensitive, That said, we launched Sky News just before Christmas which has been pretty well received and continue to engage with a large number of partners with a view to expanding the line-up of content services.

Sorry i can't be more specific on this occassion.

Thanks

holidaychicken
Visitor

hi, thanks very much for the very quick reply

i'll keep an ear out for any updates but might end up with the dreaded xbox

thanks again

atlanticc
Visitor

I hope skyplayer comes aboard,as where I live I am not allowed a satellite dish.

holidaychicken
Visitor

i got an xbox and it was great in the end, i did want to stick with all sony but i got an xbox ,connected it to the internet using a WNCE3001 from netgear which is the best, stay away from the overpriced sony UWA BR100  as its useless unless the router is in the same room and i have access to about 1000 free films, but i do have sky subscription to movies.

i do use youtube sometimes via the sony internet tv and also bbc iplayer

atlanticc
Visitor

I am thinking of getting an xbox  to watch sky, is the picture quality of sky sports/ movies good through the x box? Also do you know a good internet pronider for heavy usage as i keep reading bad reviews of internet providers. Thankyou for your help.

holidaychicken
Visitor

hi, yes the quality is really good on movies, i havent tried sports through it as i have the normal sports channels.

my internet connection is about 6.5mb over a BT phone line and i get my BB from plusnet, that all in all i have to say they have been excellent.

i use a wireless type n dongle plugged into the xbox i got from argos for about £30, its a copy of the xbox one and i have a netgear router upstairs

i pay for a premium package thats no longer avaialble called your way pro but has no speed restrictions.

as long as you get a decent speed where you live then some of their standard packages will be fine. they are owned by BT but without all the BS.

they also do other services but i cant get them as i'm out in the sticks

atlanticc
Visitor

thankyou for your advice