Join now - be part of our community!

no internet tv

profile.country.en_GB.title
pastear16
Visitor

no internet tv

bravia tv has connected to my network but will not allow internet access showing error<2123>

8 REPLIES 8
nafshalabi
Visitor

hi there.

i get the same error message. "configuration failed while connecting. The system has encountered an error. Please try again later. if problem persists please contact sony error code 2123."

i've had this tv for a week. wireless connection router close by.

wireless device on tv: found.

local access: ok

internet access: ok.

firmware upgraded to latest version.

can we get some help here please. whats the point of the fuss of smart tv if it doesn't work.

richardlower
Visitor

Don't hold your breath. I have had this problem for 12 months now.

Despite numerous attempts at factory resets etc. I have never managed to get my Bravia to connect to the internet.

I have paid for something that does not work as it should. I will not buy Sony again.

Very disappointed.

Catmambo
Contributor

Hi Richardlower - sent you a PM, lets try and get your connection issues sorted out..

Thanks

profile.country.GB.title
Testcard

This issue seems to be more prevalent by the day. I strongly suspect that the problem is server-side at Sony rather than with individual sets. Would Sony care to comment?

tripodzid
Visitor

I think the problem of error 2123 is actually a Internet connection issue. I suggest for you to purchase a much faster Internet connection for this problem to be fixed.

Catmambo
Contributor

Happy to comment - not a problem on our side as we are the gatewway to people watching hundreds of thousands of hours worth of content on a weekly basis without any problem.

These issues whilst frustrating for individuals concerned, are isolated, indeed, this is the only person who can't seem to get anything going as far as I'm aware, so keen to try and understand why and help out. Sent a PM and posted on the forum, but haven't heard back yet.

Feel free to point me to other cases and I'll happily assist.

Thanks

profile.country.GB.title
Testcard

Hi Catmambo

If you type "internet content" into the search box on the first page of the Bravia forum, you'll see quite a few posts where owners have had problems either with internet content disapearing altogether, or else having problems refreshing internet content. In my case I lost all internet content a few weeks ago for no apparent reason, and even with a stable internet connection that passed all of the Bravis troubleshooting tests, I couldn't refresh content. In the end I had to resort to a factory reset, losing all of my settings. To me, there seems to be a bug in the internet content platform that's causing these issues. But I stand to be corrected :wink:

richardlower
Visitor

Sorry catmambo, but I didn't see your PM.

However, I am delighted to say that after 12 months and hours and hours of frustration, I have found the problem.

It appears that my Belkin  router is the problem as it  is not compatible wih Sony TV's, or vice versa.

Even though the Bravia was showing in the routers browser it was not playing ball.

I have now installed a Netgear router and everything work fine.