Join now - be part of our community!

ITV showing as Digital Channel 822 on my Bravia TV

profile.country.GB.title
iawhipp
New

ITV showing as Digital Channel 822 on my Bravia TV

Hi - Can anyone help with an older LCD Bravia (KDL-32S5500).  When I re-tune (Auto) to get the digital channels stored they seem to be allocated to the wrong digital numbers. ITV turns up on digital channel 822 - What? Surely it should be listed straight after the BBC channels?

6 REPLIES 6
profile.country.GB.title
Pascale_F

Hi iawhipp,

Welcome to the community.

I'll see if I can track down an answer for you. Which model TV do you have? 

Thanks,

Pascale

profile.country.GB.title
iawhipp
New

Hi
Model is KDL- 32S5500
Regards
profile.country.GB.title
Peterm12
Explorer

When retuning don't attach the aereal until the tv as got to 20% or higher that should work I have to do that your tv should be right then if they are still mixed try 42%

profile.country.GB.title
iawhipp
New

Thanks for the response, however, this does not work. I re-tuned and plugged the aerial back in at 42% as you suggested, but when it was finished (100%), ITV was still stored as Channel 822! Incidentally, BBC1 stores as 001.
This means that using the EPG (Programme guide) I have to scroll through 4 or 5 screens between BBC and ITV.
profile.country.GB.title
Sean_Mc

Hi there, 

Can you check if your TV is in the correct region for your area.

Please try re-tuning the TV and select your current region.

Let me know how you get on?

Thanks,

Sean Mc 

profile.country.GB.title
iawhipp
New

Hi. Thanks but the correct region is set and it still shows as 822 when I do a re-scan. However, I have now found out how I can change the position of any channel to make it show up in the EPG WHERE I WANT IT.
I now have the main channels showing as
positions 001,002,003 etc which is what I wanted. Thanks to all who tried to help.