Join now - be part of our community!

KD-49XD8305: Headphones & TV Speakers

SOLVED
profile.country.GB.title
Rouretan
Explorer

KD-49XD8305: Headphones & TV Speakers

I have a straight forward question that does not seem to be addressed anywhere in a precise manner, either in the manual, on the Sony site or elsewhere on the web.

My father is very hard of hearing and needs to have a quality wireless (Bluetooth?) headset to hear programmes whilst my mother wishes to use the speakers on the television.

i.e. when the headset is on, the television speakers should still work, unless the mute button is pressed.

Is there a Sony solution for the Bravia: KD-49XD8305 series: 6723761 ?

This seems such a simple basic requirement, yet is not explained; It is sad that I keep being told by friends that I should have bought a Samsung that has this functionality built into all their sets.

Can anyone offer some expert advice (apart from buying a Samsung) ?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.IT.title
rooobb
Expert

@Rouretan I meant exactly that, you'll connect the reapeter to the analogue jack and it will send the signal via BT to your headphone. As I wrote, once you set the option on the setup menu, you can leave the jack plugged in and you'll get the audio from the speaker anyway.

I do not have the need for such a device since my A1 support BT A2DP profile to connect to my own wireless headphone so I cannot give you advice; I can just report something that was enlisted on the Italian community for the same need (unfortunaly it links to the italian amazon site, but probably you can find the same on the UK site as well).

https://www.amazon.it/dp/B00Q5TB252/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_tai_0TYKAbNCZ6CB9

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
profile.country.IT.title
rooobb
Expert

Your tv does not support direct Bluetooth headphone connection. However you can use a repeater and there is a specific option to have the speaker working tootrue.jpeg

profile.country.GB.title
Rouretan
Explorer

Hello Rooobb,

This sounds good advice, but what do you call a repeater? Do you mean a BT transmitter that fits into the 3.5mm headphone jack, or something else?

And can I be sure here that it can be left plugged in (the TV is on the wall and access to the headphone plug almost imposible once installed).

I am looking at the Sony MDR-ZX770BN or the Bose SoundLink II; both have BT: Would you beable to recommend a repeater/ BT Transmitter to work with these headphones?

profile.country.IT.title
rooobb
Expert

@Rouretan I meant exactly that, you'll connect the reapeter to the analogue jack and it will send the signal via BT to your headphone. As I wrote, once you set the option on the setup menu, you can leave the jack plugged in and you'll get the audio from the speaker anyway.

I do not have the need for such a device since my A1 support BT A2DP profile to connect to my own wireless headphone so I cannot give you advice; I can just report something that was enlisted on the Italian community for the same need (unfortunaly it links to the italian amazon site, but probably you can find the same on the UK site as well).

https://www.amazon.it/dp/B00Q5TB252/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_tai_0TYKAbNCZ6CB9

profile.country.GB.title
Rouretan
Explorer

Looking at Bluetooth transmitters, I note that some offer Toslink. Would that be a better solution? and possibly better quality?

This was the one that I was looking at:

https://www.amazon.fr/TaoTronics-Adaptateur-Bluetooth-Transmetteur-Récepteur/dp/B01MUAJ5IW/ref=sr_1_...

profile.country.IT.title
rooobb
Expert

Again I do not have direct experience on specific devices, but of course if you connect it to the digital audio out you'll get a better result getting the whole multichannel digital sound from the tv against a stereo analogic from the headphone jack. Normally it should also be more expensive also because you may want to get better headphone to manage the virtual surround you can get from the multichannel track...

PS the handling will be a bit different, you cannot use the setup option I show you before, but you should avoid setting the speaker as external if you want the internal speaker still working. The optical output will be active in any case so you'll get the sound from the internal speaker AND toslink to your headphones