Join now - be part of our community!

KD55XE7002BU won't turn on until turned off/on at the wall

profile.country.GB.title
horsemanuk
Explorer

KD55XE7002BU won't turn on until turned off/on at the wall

Hi, can anyone help with a minor(?) issue with my KD55XE7002BU TV? It works absolutely fine but sometimes it won't turn on by the remote or the button on the side. I have to turn the TV off and on again at the wall, then it starts responding again. It's slightly annoying, although I'm more concerned that it might be a problem that will get worse at the TV gets older.

5 REPLIES 5
profile.country.GB.title
horsemanuk
Explorer

I should have mentioned that the TV in only 12 days old. It's happened three times so far.

profile.country.GB.title
horsemanuk
Explorer

profile.country.GB.title
Mick_D

Hello horseman, welcome to the Sony Community :slight_smile:

Unless someone here has experienced the same thing and can shed some light on the issue, I would recommend you contact Sony Support about this and see what they recommend.

Best wishes

Mick

profile.country.GB.title
horsemanuk
Explorer

Hi Mick,

Thanks for your response. I contacted Sony Support a few days ago and I got the following back, which feels like a very generic "reboot, re-install" response. I've done what it says and I'll see if the problem goes away.

Thank you for contacting Sony support regarding your KD-55XE7002.

We are sorry to learn the TV freezes and stops responding to the remote control.

Regarding your query, please follow the below troubleshooting steps to help rectify the issue:

1- Unplug the TV from the mains for 60 seconds and plug it back in.

2- Update the software of your TV to the latest version via the below link:

https://www.sony.co.uk/electronics/support/lcd-tvs-xe70xx_x70xxe_x72xe-series/kd-55xe7002/downloads/...

3- Factory reset the TV to the default settings via the below steps:

First please disconnected all HDMI connected devices.

- Please press on the home button on your remote control.

- Scroll right to settings(the brief case logo).

- Scroll down to general setup.

- Scroll down to factory settings.

profile.country.GB.title
horsemanuk
Explorer

The above did not work. A day after I followed all the advice we were watching Netflix and I pressed the Home button. The screen went blank and the TV became unresponsive. The light flashed at the bottom of the screen when the remote was pressed but nothing happened. I had to once again turn it off and on again at the wall. 😞