Join now - be part of our community!

KDL-32D3000 restarting problem

profile.country.GB.title
htafcfan
Explorer

KDL-32D3000 restarting problem

Seen other messages re restating ussues and tried to sort this by checking for a download but none available, my TV is 6 years old and is great in every way but last night it started switching off and then starting up again but at all times the green light was on the front, any ideas on what this could be so can hopefully find a TV repair company, I too thought could be remote but took batteries out and the problem still there......hope can sort it out

4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

Your problem is likely to be coincidental and a different issue than the other one. 

If your TV is plugged into a powerboard - try plugging the TV directly into the wall instead.  If that resolves the issue, its a faulty powerboard.

Or can you try plugging the TV into another powerpoint on the wall?

Cheers

profile.country.GB.title
htafcfan
Explorer

Thanks for this, I have found the issue when unplugging eveything and then putting back in this order, Sky via hdml, worked ok, external dvd recorder via hdml and scart, worked, extwrnal dvd via scart, worked, games machine via red, yellow and white, worked, put the airial back in for freeview and back came the issue, very odd as been like this for about 6 years without any problems

Anonymous
Not applicable

The aerial cable??  How odd.  Obviously try replacing it. 

You could also try retuning the freeview channels with the aerial cable unplugged - this will scrubb (ie blank) all channels.  Plug aerial cable back in again and try retuning the channels back again. 

profile.country.GB.title
htafcfan
Explorer

Very odd i agree after being in situ all the time, as soon as put aeriel back in the problem comes back, what may try do is perhaps use one of cables that used to come from a vhs recorder no longer have  that went to tv to extend the current aeriel and plug in that to see what happens, if only can find it in the tangle of wires behind the tv if that will even work.Otherqwise guess is a extension lead to buy to hopefully cure this issue