Join now - be part of our community!

KDL-32U3000 - no sound from Blu-Ray players.

SOLVED
nickb1976
Explorer

KDL-32U3000 - no sound from Blu-Ray players.

I have a strange problem - my KDL-32U3000 TV, which I bought 7 or 8 years ago and has been brilliant the whole time, suddenly has no sound when a Blu-Ray player is connected via HDMI.

Having previously used a DVD player up to a year ago, I bought a Sony Blu-Ray player (BDP-S490) which worked fine up until a month ago, when it played a DVD with perfect sound one day, then with no sound at all the next day. I tried connecting it to both HDMI ports, I tried a new HMDI lead, I checked all the settings on the TV and Blu-Ray player, I turned everything off and on again, but still no sound. Apple TV works perfectly in both ports.

So, I bought another new Blu-Ray player (BDP-S3100) and tried it last night - again, perfect picture but no sound. I tried all the usual things, but nothing worked. The players can't both have the same fault, so it must be the TV, but I'm totally perplexed. Does anyone have any ideas?

Thanks in advance.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Im really sorry, should have looked more indepth on the suggestions (in normal circumstances these days, firmware update and factory reset, is part of the "normal" fault resolution).

Unfortunatly there is no firmware update for the TV, and you cannot perform a factory reset either, without going into the "service menu".  I cannot advise that, as one wrong key on the remote could effectively result in a new tv as well.

So unfortunatley, I have no suggestions, unless another forum member has any ideas.  Else its contacting Sony Support.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

It seems you have done all the normal fault finding, I have a couple of extra suggestions for you.

1. Ensure that you have the latest firmware installed on your TV
  2. Try performing a factory reset on the TV itself.

Unfortunately, thats all I can think of at this moment, as you have tested another cable, another device etc etc.

If that still fails, I would suggest probably contacting Sony Support : HERE

Cheers

nickb1976
Explorer

Thank you for the response, Quinnicus. Where can I find instructions for your two suggestions?
Anonymous
Not applicable

Im really sorry, should have looked more indepth on the suggestions (in normal circumstances these days, firmware update and factory reset, is part of the "normal" fault resolution).

Unfortunatly there is no firmware update for the TV, and you cannot perform a factory reset either, without going into the "service menu".  I cannot advise that, as one wrong key on the remote could effectively result in a new tv as well.

So unfortunatley, I have no suggestions, unless another forum member has any ideas.  Else its contacting Sony Support.

nickb1976
Explorer

OK, thanks again. Sony Support it is.
profile.country.IT.title
rooobb
Expert

Have you tried selecting a different sound track in the BDP player and eventually tried changing the audio output parameter in the BDP (forcing it to convert the audio signal to PCM if I remember well, in any case not to bitstream it)?