Join now - be part of our community!

KDL-32WD751 loses channels and won't turn off

profile.country.GB.title
motbrix
New

KDL-32WD751 loses channels and won't turn off

My four month old telly has started misbehaving. Sometimes when either Netflix or Amazon app stops responding, pressing the 'Home' button on the remote causes the TV to lose all channels. They're still available to switch to, but show as having no signal. Putting the latest firmware on fixed it, until it happened again. To fix that time I did a factory reset. Just now, the TV wouldn't turn off. None of the buttons on the remote worked, and neither did the power button on the TV itself. I had to turn the power off at the wall to turn it off. Is all this a known bug, or am I unlucky?

3 REPLIES 3
profile.country.GB.title
Sean_Mc

Hi there, 

Welcome to the Sony Community.

Can you try to reset the TV to its original factory settings.  You can see more details on how to perform this here and also how to reset the remote control.

Let me know how you get on.

Best wishes,

Sean Mc

profile.country.GB.title
motbrix
New

Hi Sean,

I did a factory reset the second time it lost the channels, which restored the TV. However, the remote then stopped working, and the TV also didn't repsond to Sony DVD remote. Rather worringly, the actual buttons on the TV (three at the back) did nothing - killing the power at the wall was the only way solution. Any ideas what might be causing all of this?

Thanks,

Tom

profile.country.GB.title
Sean_Mc

Hi Tom, 

If you are still having this issue I would recommend getting in touch with the support team here who will be able to look into this. 

Best wishes,

Sean Mc