Join now - be part of our community!

KDL 37 EX503 switches itself off and standby blinking red 7 times

SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
cmorgan6
Visitor

KDL 37 EX503 switches itself off and standby blinking red 7 times

Hi there,

I'm new here and wanted to find out what could be wrong with my Bravia TV.   I purchased the KDL37EX503 over a week ago and up until the weekend, was working brilliantly.  Then at the weekend, it switched itself off and the standby light was blinking red 7 times.  When I tried to press the TV on again, it wouldn't do anything and would just continue to blink.  I switched it off from the mains and then tried again, but the TV still wouldn't come on.  After leaving it unplugged over night, I tried again and it came on and again was working fine all day until the evening, when it switched itself off again with the standby light blinking 7 times again.  I pressed the On button this time and the TV started no problem.  This morning, it was on for about 30 minutes and switched itself off again.  Now I really am annoyed.

Does anyone know what could be wrong with it? Its literally under 2 weeks old 😞

Any advice would be appreciated!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Catmambo
Contributor

Doesn't sound right. I would flag it with your retailer today as many have a 14 day defective on arrival policy and thus can swap it out for a replacement model. Maybe worth calling the helpline so they can troubleshoot too.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Catmambo
Contributor

Doesn't sound right. I would flag it with your retailer today as many have a 14 day defective on arrival policy and thus can swap it out for a replacement model. Maybe worth calling the helpline so they can troubleshoot too.

cmorgan6
Visitor

I contacted the retailer yesterday and they have now replaced this so fingers crossed I won't have the same problem.  Thank you for your reply.