Join now - be part of our community!

KDL-37EX403 tv intermittently not responding to remote

SOLVED
frobie
Explorer

KDL-37EX403 tv intermittently not responding to remote

Hi,

I have a 4 year old KDL-37EX403 tv which has recently developed an intermittent problem with not responding to the remote, which has got more frequent over the last week until it is now virtually useless. Have checked batteries and no obstructions, etc. I put it on standby and switch off the socket when not in use. Buttons on side of tv work ok. After switching to standby and power off several times I can get the remote to work, but tv will go to standby on it's own (checked sleep timer not set) and then back on, sometimes in quick succession. When on standby it will sometimes come on on it's own. 

Any ideas?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

I can think of 3 possible problems here

1. Stuck button on remote control (most likely cause)
  2. Remote Control failing
  3. IR Port on TV faulty (most unlikely)

Resolutions:

1. Check to see if one of the buttons on the remote control is pushed down or stuck down - especially the power button, as this could be a reason why its not responding properly AND that the TV is going to standby mode AND switching itself on again.
  2. Replace the remote control.  The model you require is RM-ED035.  Available on Amazon or 4ourhouse.co.uk
  3. IR Port - The most unlikely cause, and the most costly if it is.  You would need to contact an authorised Sony Repair Centre to get this checked out/resolved

Cheers

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

I can think of 3 possible problems here

1. Stuck button on remote control (most likely cause)
  2. Remote Control failing
  3. IR Port on TV faulty (most unlikely)

Resolutions:

1. Check to see if one of the buttons on the remote control is pushed down or stuck down - especially the power button, as this could be a reason why its not responding properly AND that the TV is going to standby mode AND switching itself on again.
  2. Replace the remote control.  The model you require is RM-ED035.  Available on Amazon or 4ourhouse.co.uk
  3. IR Port - The most unlikely cause, and the most costly if it is.  You would need to contact an authorised Sony Repair Centre to get this checked out/resolved

Cheers