Join now - be part of our community!

kdl-40 ex653 switches to av1

profile.country.en_GB.title
ray9510
Visitor

kdl-40 ex653 switches to av1

Can anyone help on the annoying feature of the tv switching to av1 20 seconds or so after I switch the tv on. I don't have anything on av1 or any other connection. Tried the warranty phone line who took me through the reset procedure which made no difference at all. I love the tv, it's the best picture I've seen, and I looked at a lot before buying, but this is driving me nuts so would be grateful for any help - please!!

Tags (2)
4 REPLIES 4
Catmambo
Contributor

Wow, thats strange, something not right there. You say you have been through the call centre and they couldn't find a problem right? Gut feeling is that this is software, so make sure you have connected it to the Internet and are runing the latest firmware. If that doesn't fix then I'd get it booked into your local service centre. You are presumably still under warranty so should be straightforward

thanks

ray9510
Visitor

Thanks for your reply, much appreciated.

Well I thought it was pretty odd too! Yes, it's the latest software update so that's not the problem. The worrying thing was that the call centre guy (after going through the reset rigmarole) said "there is nothing wrong with the tv so this must be normal"!!! If that's the Sony position presumably they won't take it back for repair as they insist it is 'normal'. Not sure I think too much of that as customer service though! A big let down for such a good television.

Catmambo
Contributor

Sorry you had a bad experience with the call centre - they are independent of the service centres so I'd give your local one a call and have a chat - details are here. http://www.sony.co.uk/support/en/repair/asc Do feedback if this resolves it as from your explanation, this shouldn't be happening.

thanks

ORTHO1
Visitor

Sorry I seem to have posted a similar question regarding my KDL 40EX724 Must be a problem across the range ?

Paul