Join now - be part of our community!

KDL 40CX520 YouTube Login Issue

SOLVED
Fablewynd
New

KDL 40CX520 YouTube Login Issue

Hey folks,

About three days ago I turned my TV on to go on to YouTube, as I frequently use YouTube through my TV and it prompted me to log in to my account when I went on to the App. Usually I am constantly logged in to my YouTube account so I usually just load up and start viewing. I thought this prompt may be a one off, but I have found that every time in the last three days it keeps making me enter my login details again and again. Is this a known issue that we can solve, because having to type my login details in each time I want to go on YouTube is rather annoying and time consuming - especially when you're typing it out on a remote control.

Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

This problem has now been resolved by YouTube.

Cheers

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

I was actually going to post an issue on the boards here, but forgot.  You can blame GTA V for that !

Anyway, yes YouTube has a problem on some Sony TV models.  As far as I can tell at the moment, its 2011 models.  There has been some chatter on the google product support forums, but little action.

See:

http://productforums.google.com/forum/#!category-topic/youtube/smart-tvs/2B4wO-8qMVo

http://productforums.google.com/forum/#!categories/youtube/smart-tvs

Cheers

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

This problem has now been resolved by YouTube.

Cheers

Fablewynd
New

Aye. Thank you for the feedback. Glad to see it's all working again.

munky82
New

I have the same TV and the issue is not yet resolved. I have the latest firmware: Update says there is no newer firmware. I did a factory reset on my TV as suggested on multiple threads (losing all my settings - thanks for that). When I use my gmail account name and password, all I get is Login Failed. This used to work until about 4 months ago.

As a failsafe, just to check if it is not some obscure Google problem (linking Youtube and Google+, 2 Step verification etc) I created a fresh new Youtube account in Private mode in my browser. Using those credentials I tried logging into Youtube on the TV...Login Failed.

I have to admit. I am South African, but Sony SA has no MySony system. I emailed their support centre and first they said our version of Ofcom (ICASA) blocked it. After calling them out on the BS (and bitching about it on tech forums and threatening to claim my still valid warranty), they phoned me about a week later trying to help me over the phone. The guy clearly had no idea what he was advising me on. He suggested that I log into youtube on the TV's browser by giving me bogus URL's, then he suggested that I leave the fields open because my laptop on the same router is logged in etc, etc. Anyway he promised he will phone me back.

The reason for my little rant is this: Is it not maybe the firmware for my region that has not been updated yet? In case so, how do I trick my TV into downloading corrected firmware.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

Have you logged into YouTube with that account before.  If not, I believe that you need to create a YouTube channel first in order to log in.  I had to for my mum, so...

Try logging into YouTube on a PC/Laptop and create a YouTube channel.  Give it about 30 mins and try logging into the TV, using the same account username.

Cheers