Join now - be part of our community!

KDL-40EX503. Acquiring Internet Content...

SOLVED
profile.country.GB.title
ladams888
Explorer

KDL-40EX503. Acquiring Internet Content...

I haven't been able to connect to iPlayer or anything else for the past couple of days.  I have therefore done the following:

1.     Reset wireless router back to factory settings and reconfigured it

2.     Reset the television back to factory settings and reconfigured it

3.     Reconnected TV to router - it gets 3 OK's - Wireless Device, Local Access and Internet Access.

4.     I have cheked the internet connection - all is OK

5.     IP address etc all OK

6.     Can connect with a laptop to same router and get good speeds on the internet

7.     When I try and "refresh Internet content"on the Bravia - it goes through the connecting the  Internet video services (or something similar - sorry didn't write down the  exact wording), Authenticating, Acquiring Internet Content and just sticks on  the last task

8.     I can leave it for a couple of hours and it makes absolutely no progress

9.     I have phoned my ISP (O2) and they have checked the internet connection on my line and have confrimed it is all OK

So - no idea what to do next.  Everything looks as if it should work - it just doesn't.  Anyone else having the same problem?  Any other suggestions?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.GB.title
ladams888
Explorer

Well, I appear to have resolved the problem myself.

In desperation I thought I would reload the latest firmware (even though it is already installed) so I put the file on a USB stick and was going to do this.  However prior to doing this, I decided to unplug the TV from the mains, and then left it unplugged for a couple of hours.  I then plugged it in again and turned it on and prior to re- loading the firmware, I thought I would just check to see if it could now load the internet content.  Amazingly it was already all there.  So all it needed was to be unplugged and left for a bit - and that seemed to do the trick, which is a good thing as my next step would have been to call the Sony Service team to my house (as the set is less than 3 months old).  So if anyone is having the same problem - just try unplugging it and leaving it for a couple of hours.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
profile.country.GB.title
ladams888
Explorer

Well, I appear to have resolved the problem myself.

In desperation I thought I would reload the latest firmware (even though it is already installed) so I put the file on a USB stick and was going to do this.  However prior to doing this, I decided to unplug the TV from the mains, and then left it unplugged for a couple of hours.  I then plugged it in again and turned it on and prior to re- loading the firmware, I thought I would just check to see if it could now load the internet content.  Amazingly it was already all there.  So all it needed was to be unplugged and left for a bit - and that seemed to do the trick, which is a good thing as my next step would have been to call the Sony Service team to my house (as the set is less than 3 months old).  So if anyone is having the same problem - just try unplugging it and leaving it for a couple of hours.

I had this exact same problem on my Bravia KDL-40EX403, although it had previously worked fine for months.

Thank you for your tip to unplug and leave for a couple of hours.

Tim