Join now - be part of our community!

KDL-40HX753 sudden major sound volume and definition problems - also light

profile.country.en_GB.title
RNM123
New

KDL-40HX753 sudden major sound volume and definition problems - also light

All of a sudden I have issues with the audio on this set changing volume and 'quality of definition'. And also, it seems to be somewhat louder than before, and just sound a bit different somehow in a way I can;t decribe. All of this is through HDMI inputs. Broadcast freeview seems ok.

I was watching a DVD of cartoons that I've had f...or a few years, and watched before on 3 different TVs witouht problems. The sound on the HX753 was all over the place, both in volume and definition, often it would suddenly sound muffled or go ultra-quiet, then gradually go back up to normal. I've found that things like electronic (laser-ish) type noises, or just a lot gonig on, amkes the volume drop suddenly.
I've put a few things through since, and it vAries depending on content, but there's always some kind of issue to some extent.

The problme is definately not with either DVD player, or with the DVds themselves, they sound fine through the surround sound system. So it's something that's suddenly happened to the TV.

Another thing is that I've had to drop the volume offset down a few notches on the HDMi inputs.

The TV had a recent update, that as far as I can see only gave it two new things, an alarm widget that doesn;t even make a noise, and a Wildlife Channel App that doesn't work at all. I'm wondering if this update was bugged, and casued this?
  I check the sound settings, and its still all as before, 'Standard' mode audio, enchancer and automatic volume still off. SO it's not showing anything as changed.

ona different note, i've also slowly  developed a 'soft pulsating line' across the bottom of the set. It comes up form the bottom edge, roughly a centimetre. It doesn't appear to be light bleed. Within it, colur is depleted, adn the image is a lot whiter. Whats this, and i would like to get rid of it. It's really distracting and annoying.

Please respond to me Sony, it's rude not to, and there's things that are seriouly wrong here.

0 REPLIES 0