Join now - be part of our community!

MP4 over DLNA to Sony 22EX533

profile.country.en_GB.title
mikaluz80
New

MP4 over DLNA to Sony 22EX533

I have 3 Sony TV's - 22EX320 / 24EX320 and the 22EX533. I have all 3 networked over WiFi to a WD Live TV Hub where i store all my media files on the internal drive. I basically have MP4/h264 and MTS based video files. The WD is connect to my main TV and plays everyting i throw at it. Over DLNA i settled on mp4/h264 and m2ts as my formats as the Sony's support these. Also have a Sony Rx100 camera.

I have no issues playing all my video files (mp4/m2ts) over DLNA to the 22EX320 or 24EX320. But when it comes to the 22EX533 just about every MP4 file will not play - playback not available. The video format supported over DLNA is the same for all 3 TV's - So why don't the mp4 files work on the the 22EX533. I use Freemake video converter and Xmedia Recode if i need to create mp4 files - and they ALL play on the 22EX320 or 24EX320 - no issues.

I have tried countless programs to create mp4 files but not work on the 22EX320. Sony support were no help they could not tell why this happens - only said even thought mp4 supported not all files would play. Would not explain why works on the 22EX320 and 24EX320.

Anyone got any ideas ???

2 REPLIES 2
jordanuk55
New

I'm having similar problems with playing back MP4 videos stored on my WD My Book Live on my KDL46HX753. I noticed that old files created several years ago work OK, but files created recently do not. The only difference I could spot is that the old files have dimension of 640 x 480, the newer files (which don't play) have dimensions of 720 x 544. For a test, I re-sized a newer file to 640 x 480 - and it now plays back OK from the WD My Book Live.

I don't know if this is a problem with the TV (which I should add, DOES play the 720 x 544 files stored on my Windows 7 PC, they just don't play back from the WD My Book Live), or the Twonky Media server on the WD My Book Live. The version of Twonky on My Book Live is quite old, I don't know if buying the newer version of Twonky would fix this.

mikaluz80
New

I have spent many hours try to figure this out. But ended up buying a  WD Live TV for the TV. I connect that to my  WD Live TV Hub and can play al of my video files. One think i did find was if i use AVS4You Video Remaker or Video Converter to convert the files then they do work. Video Remaker is ok as does not recode the files. So remuxing the file is really quick. Dont know what Remaker does but it seems to make the files playable now