Join now - be part of our community!

KDL-40NX803 suddenly won't accept my (correct) youtube login details.

SOLVED
profile.country.GB.title
theracles

KDL-40NX803 suddenly won't accept my (correct) youtube login details.

I've been trying on and off for two days to log in to youtube on my TV.

I know that the login details are correct since I use the same details on other devices and gain access immediately, but suddenly my Sony TV won't accept them, I'm told constantly that login failed and I should check my details!

Grrr!

What is wrong with my TV....it's about four years old, surely it's not got alzheimer's already? :yahoo:

...and before someone suggests it, it won't accept my full email address as the username either! :slight_frown:

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

On the Google forums, see the final post by NHASKELL : HERE - It might just work for you.

I can understand when you say "when my eyes will allow it" - Ive been struggling the last couple of days with my eyes : conjunctivitis - hard to put eye drops in on your own :slight_smile:

One definately has to be careful these days in regards to what you say.  There is always someone that is offended.  However most of the time it is taken out of context.  The 'M' word could be one, depending if its a personal attack against ethnic origin, or taken out of context.  It seems to be a worse word that the 'N' word these days, especially if GTA V has anything to do with it.  For a while its 'n' this and 'n' that.

Anyway, gotta go.

Cheers

View solution in original post

14 REPLIES 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

Have you logged into youtube on a TV before?  If not, try setting up a YouTube channel, and then try logging on in 30 mins after that.

Cheers.

profile.country.GB.title
theracles

Thanks Quinnicus, as I said, the tv is about 4 years old and I have logged in to my youTube account many times before on this set.

It usually holds the logged in status for several weeks and is normally only lost when or if the router re-boots, or when the internet connection is lost in some other way.

Having read other people's experiences, I'm rather underwhelmed by the suggestions that a system re-set should be necessary.

I paid good money for this set to be professionally set up, so that solution would be a non-starter!:smileyraised_eyebrow:

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

It is interesting that you loose authentication settings to youtube when internet connection is down.  I dont have the answer for you, but maybe try hedging your bets by reporting this issue on the Youtube forums as well? 

http://productforums.google.com/forum/#!categories/youtube/smart-tvs

Cheers

PS: Doubt TV has "old-timers disease" :slight_smile: but Google have been "playing" with many settings in regards to youtube lately.  A week or so ago, someone else reported a problem on these forums too in regards to Youtube app not holding logon settings, they issued an update to the app, from what I read : HERE  (but thats for this years TV)

profile.country.GB.title
theracles

Thanks again Quinnicus, my statement regarding the loss of logged in status was assuming that it was due to some dropped connection to the net.

I'm with TalkTalk and have experienced many such random drops, not to mention my router occasionally spitting its dummy out!

I just attributed the occasional need to log-in again to these losses...are you saying the logged-in status should hold through these outages?

I'm also finding the constant need to log back in here every time I want to reply a bit wearing as well....is that a design "feature" of this site, or something else that is unique to me? :laughing:

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hey there

I have the NX723 tv, when I loose network/internet connection, my youtube login details are still "in" the tv, for when i next have network connection.  It will normally say "login failed" or something of those lines.  Although I have not tested or figured out on what conditions that the tv will loose those login details (yet)

At this moment, I have only advise that you check to see if you have the latest firmware installed on your TV?  See the following link : HERE

In regards to Talktalk (im also with them as well by the way), it might be worth posting a message on their forums too, get them to check the line etc (Dont go through phone support, its rubbish, but you do have to wait 2-3 days for an answer on their forums, but you generally get a proper answer).  One thing you can do though is if you have a modern BT phone socket in your place, plug your router directly into the test socket and see if you can attain a stable connection.  See this link : HERE

In regards to a "remember me" feature for this forums, see : HERE (its already been raised!)

Hope that helps

Cheers

profile.country.GB.title
theracles

Hi Quinnicus, you really are most helpful!

Since you have disproved my assumption that the "logged in/out" state of the youtube site perishes with the loss of internet connection, I too am mystified as to why I am randomly logged out of it!

As I say, not normally a problem, just an irritation having to use that clunky interface to log back in again.

Your link to the current firmware might be a clue to the problem I now have with the TV refusing my genuine log in attempts.

I notice that it was updated August 26th, and my TV confirms it is running the current firmware.

Since I don't use the youtube facility regularly, it is likely that the firmware update is the culprit!

I wouldn't have been aware since I was on holiday most of September, and immediately on my return I had Cateract surgery in one eye, thus watching less TV!

(Other Eye to be skewered 30th Nov, so I might be better able to see around Christmas!! :smileyrolleyes:)

Don't get me started about TT!

They promised me a new router at the end of March this year, after three months I attempted to remind them via the forum to absolutely no avail and ended up emailing Dido Harding (their CEO) direct.

Full marks to her, I received a personal reply at 21:30 that evening promising action...it still took until the end of August to receive not one, but FOUR routers, the last (and correct one) received just before I went on holiday!

To be fair to Dido, two of the four routers were sent in (very belated) response to my numerous and painful calls to the sub-continent and South Africa!

I really do wonder how worthwhile the saving has been in outsourcing such services to these people.

Due to the state of my vision, I've not yet attempted to set up my new All singing all dancing wireless "N" ADSL and Cable capable router...not that I would ever countinence cable from this stable!:smileylaugh:

Edit: another annoying thing about this site is that I have to elect to be subscribed to each and every post I make even in the same thread!

That is why I've only just noticed that you kindly replied!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Ive been browsing the Google forums in regards to YouTube, if the issue you are experiencing was widespread, I would expect people to be reporting it by now.  But there is nothing out of the ordinary.  Therefore this problem seems to be localised to you.

I guess the first thing to try is by connecting up your new all singing and dancing router :slight_smile:  Then test your TV by playing content from iPlayer or 5OD.  If that works, try signing into YouTube again. 

If that fails, some people are claiming that unlinking Google+ services from your YouTube account may assist.

If that still fails, im afraid that its a factory reset (as you may have "stuck" settings).  I understand that you have had your TV calibrated etc - To combat this, will require a bit of effort first, its a pen and paper job - by writing down ALL settings (general config, picture, audio etc) so you can copy them back after a factory reset.

I find it funny that you get delivered four routers, I cant seem to get ONE from them.  A couple of months ago, I spoke to their retentions team, finished haggling over price and accepted, asked to be sent a new router and they hang up on me.  Phoned them up again, get passed from one dept to another, then they somehow "drop" the line (ie hangup again) whilst im on hold.  Gave up after that !!  TT, if it works its great, if it dont - your on your own (almost, as forum is better than phone, generally)

profile.country.GB.title
theracles

Hi Quinnicus, I agree, having also searched it would seem to be just me!

I'll try and get my new router set up when my eyes will allow and hope that will help, though I think that the likelihood is that a re-set is looming on the horizon, especially since I can already access iPlayer and 5 OD, ...and even "general" youTube content already, so it's not a problem caused by any inability of the TV to access the net even via my creaking Speedtouch router.

Not sure about "Google+" since having spurned their advances, I presume I don't have an account to unlink from!

With a re-set in mind, as you say, it would be a good idea to take note of the current settings.

The problem is not knowing what settings were changed, I don't know which to attempt to note!

Is there a definitive list of variables that I should be guided by?

Not sure about my surfeit of routers being funny, at the time they were raining down on me, I found it irritating in the extreme, knowing that each subsequent box I opened would contain yet another HG523a model!

In my exasperation I expostulated on the forum that my experience was a classic example of "paying peanuts and getting monkeys"...and I was given an official warning from Head Office for, would you believe "Racist Comments"!

Seems they are a mite sensitive about their own employment practices, so you have been warned, don't mention the "M Word"on their forum! :laughing:

I'd even be a bit circumspect about mentioning bananas, or any kind of nuts!

Finally, since I was originally unable to sign in to this forum in order to seek help, (are you sensing a pattern here! lol) I contacted Sony customer support for some help with the youTube log in issue and today received the following reply...

"In regards to your query, please reply back to this email providing a photo of the issue you are experiencing for further assistance."

I can't imagine how helpful it will be for them to see my TV screen displaying "Log-in Failed Please check your settings", but hey, if it makes them happy...

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

On the Google forums, see the final post by NHASKELL : HERE - It might just work for you.

I can understand when you say "when my eyes will allow it" - Ive been struggling the last couple of days with my eyes : conjunctivitis - hard to put eye drops in on your own :slight_smile:

One definately has to be careful these days in regards to what you say.  There is always someone that is offended.  However most of the time it is taken out of context.  The 'M' word could be one, depending if its a personal attack against ethnic origin, or taken out of context.  It seems to be a worse word that the 'N' word these days, especially if GTA V has anything to do with it.  For a while its 'n' this and 'n' that.

Anyway, gotta go.

Cheers