Join now - be part of our community!

KDL-40NX803 suddenly won't accept my (correct) youtube login details.

SOLVED
profile.country.GB.title
theracles

KDL-40NX803 suddenly won't accept my (correct) youtube login details.

I've been trying on and off for two days to log in to youtube on my TV.

I know that the login details are correct since I use the same details on other devices and gain access immediately, but suddenly my Sony TV won't accept them, I'm told constantly that login failed and I should check my details!

Grrr!

What is wrong with my TV....it's about four years old, surely it's not got alzheimer's already? :yahoo:

...and before someone suggests it, it won't accept my full email address as the username either! :slight_frown:

14 REPLIES 14
profile.country.GB.title
theracles

Hi Quinnicus,

At risk of being thought politically incorrect, a phrase my old dad used to use when pleasantly surprised...

"Well! - I'll be a monkey's uncle!"

I've no idea what it means but after following the convoluted (though clear) instructions given by NHASKELL, I could almost hear my old man saying that over my shoulder!

It actually worked!

Thank you Quinnicus...and NHASKELL!

I will add my thanks to his post, in the hope that he gains some gratification from knowing he's helped me too!

How I regret allowing Google to ingratiate its self into my life, it has become too complex a web of deception and trickery to be a power for good. 

Once again, my sincere thanks for your help with this problem, had I read that post by NHASKELL without your recommendation, I would have dismissed it as just too complex to be the solution!!:smileymrgreen:

Hope you get some relief from your conjunctivitis, that's exactly my problem, ...my cousin tells me she uses microwaveable gel filled eye pads available from opticians..not seen them but she recons they're good so I might seek some out!

Anonymous
Not applicable

YIPPY !!!!!!

I was just browsing your previous posts on this board.  It seems that you always get these type of problems.  A supposedly simple problem, yet convoluted solution/answer. 

Is there any chance that you can re-interpret the post by nhaskell and post the solution here in "cook-book" instructions?  As im sure this will be referred to again !

We have all been googlfied via the googlfication process, of which its very hard now to de-google ourselves from this unstoppable machine.  I dumped chrome a while ago, but they have they hands on too many pies to rid of them completely.

Google is like The Borg - You will be assimilated, Resistance is Futile

profile.country.GB.title
theracles

lol! story of my life I'm afraid, I seem to get previously unheard of problems with most things!

Google really are a nightmare these days, I would just like to take a baseball bat to one of the silly beggers as they slide down those stupid kids slides they have installed at their HQ.
A bunch of Bankers.
...(the "B" is pronounced "W")
Is there really a "cook-book" somewhere on this site?
I would probably find such a facility useful in the future! :slight_smile:
Anonymous
Not applicable

profile.country.GB.title
theracles

Never visited the Chat board before, didn't really think there would actually be food items there! :slight_smile:

Bookmarked for browsing when I've got a full set of bionic eyes! :grin:

I will attempt to refine "nhaskell's" solution and post it there, though I don't think one can improve much on his excellent instruction.

At the end of the day, it comes down to a leap of faith, made easier if it comes recommended by a proven, trusted person.

...I was most fearfull that doing this might permanently and terminally mess up my various gmail addresses which currently play nicely together, despite Google.

This in it's self is a major achievement given the ever expanding complexity of the beast, and it don't take much to (expletive) it all up! :wink: