Join now - be part of our community!

KDL-40R553C tv - Youtube stuck at "LOADING..."

SOLVED
profile.country.SE.title
dtsomp
New

KDL-40R553C tv - Youtube stuck at "LOADING..."

Hi,

my TV has this problem since forever. When watching videos through the Youtube app, the videos will pause at some random point and display "LOADING..." for ever. I have tried being patient and waiting for the video to restart, but I usually give up and turn the TV off after 30 minutes of waiting.

Troubleshooting so far:
- Youtube works great on the rest of my home devices.

- Switched from ethernet to wifi and back, problem still there.

- Internet connectivity is excellent (100mbps)

- Netflix app on the TV works flawlessly.

- Checked for recent updates, TV says that it already has the latest ones.

- Changing the DNS servers that my DHCP assigns to the TV did not change anything.

I've spotted the "Stats for nerds" option in the Youtube app and I have it on continuously, in order to understand what's going on.

Apparently, "Host" will change a few times during video playback, until it hits a host that sends nothing (network activity drops to 0). At that point, the buffer starts to empty. Sometimes, the TV will manage to switch "host" again and resume the stream without interruptions, but usually the buffer just empties completely, playback stops and I am just sitting there waiting for the app to realize it needs to switch to a new source host.

Restarting the video only solves the problem a few times. For a surprising amount of times, it will cause the video to stop at the same point.

This really makes watching Youtube impossible and I am considering giving up and buying an Apple TV just for streaming services. Any idea what else there is for me to check?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.SE.title
dtsomp
New

Hi Sean_Mc,

during my troubleshooting period I restarted, then replaced the router, switched from wifi to ethernet and back, and even changed my ISP. This made no change whatsoever.

However, there was a new software update for the TV a few days ago. Since I installed it I have had zero problems with Youtube playback.

For reference (in case other people have the same issue with me), the update that fixed this has software version 8.586-1000-1.200-01.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
profile.country.GB.title
Sean_Mc

Hi dtsomp,

Try restarting your router to see if this might help.

Let us know how you get on?

Thanks,

Sean mc

profile.country.SE.title
dtsomp
New

Hi Sean_Mc,

during my troubleshooting period I restarted, then replaced the router, switched from wifi to ethernet and back, and even changed my ISP. This made no change whatsoever.

However, there was a new software update for the TV a few days ago. Since I installed it I have had zero problems with Youtube playback.

For reference (in case other people have the same issue with me), the update that fixed this has software version 8.586-1000-1.200-01.