Join now - be part of our community!

Kdl 42w 807 and sonos

anhamil79
Explorer

Kdl 42w 807 and sonos

Just about to buy this tv and a new sonos playbar.
Does it output dd5.1 through optical.
Need to confirm this as required for playbar
3 REPLIES 3
anhamil79
Explorer

Quinnicus,you seem to be very knowldgable so thought i would ask a bit of help as I too have just purchased this tv

I have not receieved it as yet however i have a sonos playbar and wonder3ed whether you new if i connect my sky hdmi which gives DD 5.1 to the tv will the optical pass this to my sonos bar

i know i could connect optical straight from sky however as not many connections and i need my blu ray to come through as well

ideally blu ray and sky to tv with hdmi

optical to playbar

thanks

Hammy

anhamil79
Explorer

Can ayone tell me if this model  passes 5.1 through optical?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

Im going to link this post to the following post in : http://community.sony.co.uk/t5/Televisions/Bravia-KDL-47W805A-does-not-read-mkv-files/m-p/1342714#M1...

And now to answer the question:

Yes, you should be able to connect the Sonos Soundbar optically from the TV to the soundbar and then connect the Sky box via HDMI to the TV (and any other devices to your TV via HDMI).  Assuming that the Soundbar can decode 5.1 sound, all should work.  All you need to do is ensure that the TVs audio is outputted externally.

Optical supports 2 channels uncompressed lossless PCM audio, or 5.1/7.1 compressed using Dolby Digital/DTS-HD. But not Dolby TrueHD or DTS-HDMA.

Hope that helps

Cheers