Join now - be part of our community!

KDL 42W653A EPG Showing "No Event Information" for many Freeview Channels

SOLVED
BarrieP
New

KDL 42W653A EPG Showing "No Event Information" for many Freeview Channels

Never, ever had this problem with a £20 Tesco branded Freeview Box, so clearly the problem is the TV, but what can be done?

27 REPLIES 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

Please post back when you do, and/or if you can resolve it.  Im sure many others would find it useful too.  :thumbsup:

profile.country.en_IE.title
abehan
Explorer

This isn't solved...Sony mods keep shutting down threads with a redirect to a two year old fix to an old model. This is a problem with 2015 TVs. I have a KDL-43W755C, and the EPG is not populating. Fix it guys, it's a pain.

profile.country.GB.title
Hippytitimus
Explorer

Before you start, make sure you have a good signal from your ariel.

I have had this problem for a while and eventually contacted Sony after trying all the fixes listed as "Solves". They didnt work for me. But I have had an answer from Sony that actually does work, it involves unplugging all external add ons (DVD, USB, Cameras etc.) so that is the first job. When you have done that remove power from mains for at least 2 minutes. Next with just your ariel connected you can re connect your power and switch tv on. go to your digital tuning and select manual tuning, this is where it gets a bit long winded, With the LNA set ot on (this is how it worked for me) do a manual scan, you will have to keep pressing "return" at the end of each channel number scanned and continue scanning, go through the same process for all channels until you get back to the number you started at. This should now have sorted the problem. 

profile.country.GB.title
Hippytitimus
Explorer

THIS WORKS

Before you start, make sure you have a good signal from your ariel.

I have had this problem for a while and eventually contacted Sony after trying all the fixes listed as "Solves". They didnt work for me. But I have had an answer from Sony that actually does work, it involves unplugging all external add ons (DVD, USB, Cameras etc.) so that is the first job. When you have done that remove power from mains for at least 2 minutes. Next with just your ariel connected you can re connect your power and switch tv on. go to your digital tuning and select manual tuning, this is where it gets a bit long winded, With the LNA set ot on (this is how it worked for me) do a manual scan, you will have to keep pressing "return" at the end of each channel number scanned and continue scanning, go through the same process for all channels until you get back to the number you started at. This should now have sorted the problem. 

profile.country.GB.title
Hippytitimus
Explorer

After trying all the "fixes" including the factory reset and contacting Sony only to be told that the TV has a fault and needs to go to a sony repair shop, I decided to try a few more times, manually tuning the tv worked and returned all the EPG information, but only for a day, repeated manual tuning every morning kept the information until you turn off the set. This wasnt good enough and was also a chore to do each day, so it was on to the next try. this time i removed the ariel lead, doing an autotune which wipes all the channels, then replacing it with another manual tune, this was no better. My final attempt was to remove all leads including all HDMI, USB Scart and again the ariel lead, next I did a factory reset. and let it go through the process of trying to tune channels and then connecting via wifi to your internet connection. I then replaced the ariel lead direct to tv and did an auto tune. This to my supprise gave me all my EPG information. leaving out all other connections except my USB connection I waited and found no loss of information, I then replaced the HDMI connections I was using, and still no loss of information. The TV was turned off overnight as usual and i really didnt expect it to still have all the info, but it did and has kept it now for 3 days and counting, I re connected the scart lead which has DVD and Video players connected to it and when I turned off the set and back on again ther was the problem back of "No Information" on the EPG. So the problem lies with the Scart, DVD or Video. So the fault has been found and rectified except fot the Scart connections which I will look into at a later date, but the TV is working and the EPG is retaining all the info. Solution is remove everything, Factory reset, Replace ariel direct to tv and retune, check if it worked , replace USB and HDMI connections, Check again over time. then finally replace scart items one at a time. 

Hope this helps as it was driving me crazy and I didnt want to pay Sony for a non existant fault.

profile.country.GB.title
Hippytitimus
Explorer

This failed after 2 or 3 days (due to me reconnecting Scart devices). see my updated fix.

profile.country.GB.title
Hippytitimus
Explorer

After trying all the "fixes" including the factory reset and contacting Sony only to be told that the TV has a fault and needs to go to a sony repair shop, I decided to try a few more times, manually tuning the tv worked and returned all the EPG information, but only for a day, repeated manual tuning every morning kept the information until you turn off the set. This wasnt good enough and was also a chore to do each day, so it was on to the next try. this time i removed the ariel lead, doing an autotune which wipes all the channels, then replacing it with another manual tune, this was no better. My final attempt was to remove all leads including all HDMI, USB Scart and again the ariel lead, next I did a factory reset. and let it go through the process of trying to tune channels and then connecting via wifi to your internet connection. I then replaced the ariel lead direct to tv and did an auto tune. This to my supprise gave me all my EPG information. leaving out all other connections except my USB connection I waited and found no loss of information, I then replaced the HDMI connections I was using, and still no loss of information. The TV was turned off overnight as usual and i really didnt expect it to still have all the info, but it did and has kept it now for 3 days and counting, I re connected the scart lead which has DVD and Video players connected to it and when I turned off the set and back on again ther was the problem back of "No Information" on the EPG. So the problem lies with the Scart, DVD or Video. So the fault has been found and rectified except fot the Scart connections which I will look into at a later date, but the TV is working and the EPG is retaining all the info. Solution is remove everything, Factory reset, Replace ariel direct to tv and retune, check if it worked , replace USB and HDMI connections, Check again over time. then finally replace scart items one at a time. 

Hope this helps as it was driving me crazy and I didnt want to pay Sony for a non existant fault. The previous fix I posted failed due to my error.

profile.country.GB.title
AJE007
Explorer

I may have stumbled across the solution to this guys! Each time you turn on the TV, simply tune into Vintage TV (Channel 82 in my area) which shows initially as "No Event Information".  Give it a second or two and it then updates not only this channel with the event info, but also ALL the others that were missing!! It's as if this is the key channel to unlocking the data.  It works for me and as such a simple solution I thought I'd offer it up to you to try! Good luck!