Join now - be part of our community!

KDL-42W653A Sound Issue

KDL-42W653A Sound Issue

Hi, first time poster and sorry for this long winded question...

I have this tv connected to my sony surround sound system http://www.sony.co.uk/support/en/product/ht-sf1300

via hdmi with a sky box, ps3 and media player all going into it and then connected to the tv via the hdmi from the reciever, with the sound coming out from the sound system.

I like to push videos from my laptop and phone to the tv apps but I can't get the sound from come from the sound system, I have bravia sync set up between the tv and reciever but everytime I use one of the tv apps I have to turn the sound on to come through the tv speakers. I even connected a optical cable between the two to see if i could send the sound from the tv to the reciever but to no luck.

Any help would greatly be appreciated.

1 REPLY 1
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

In order to feed audio back from the TV (and connected TV devices) to the SF1300, you will need to connect an optical cable (as well as having the HDMI connected) - this is because the SF1300 does not support Audio Return Channel (HDMI-ARC).  See Pic below.  If ARC is supported, it would be labeled as such.

HT1.jpg

Ensure that the TV speakers are set to "Audio System" - See HERE

Then set the SF1300 to accept the input source as TV, using the button on the SF1300 remote.

Hope that helps.

Cheers