Join now - be part of our community!

kdl55w905a osd messages

SOLVED

kdl55w905a osd messages

Hi, I have a new KDL55W905A and I have a Western Digital 2tb 2.5" HDD connected with film content on it. Originally it played most films fine but now it seems to have developed a few quirks. One is several films that played before now dont, the other is that some films play fine but still display the "Unsupported content" message.

Most films not playing have a .avi extension and some have .mkv yet I also have films with both file extensions playing fine.

I have also read that I can turn off the "unsupported content" message off somehow within the T.V's settings. Can anyone advise please.

Many thanks, Martin.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.en_GB.title
gofrost

No you can't turn off osd messages,the files not playing might be corrupt.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
profile.country.en_GB.title
gofrost

No you can't turn off osd messages,the files not playing might be corrupt.

Metatronus

I have the same issue - there is nothing wrong with the mkv itself as it plays normally on Samsung TV and PC.. On Bravia is also playing it fine except that silly OSD message.

Any hint Sony?

Anonymous
Not applicable

HI there

There is a post on these forums : HERE and I have seen this problem posted on another forum to.

Unfortunately I have not seen a fix for this, it appears it may be a bug that needs investigating.  I would suggest contacting Sony : HERE to report this problem including as much information as possible.

Cheers