Join now - be part of our community!

KDL-42W706B video streaming issues.

profile.country.GB.title
Puylagarde
Explorer

KDL-42W706B video streaming issues.

I am aware there are lots of posts concerning difficulties with streaming Netflix and Amazon Prime, so forgive me if I raise the issue once again.

When I try to stream content on my Bravia TV, it continually buffers at 25% and hangs there.  I have to exit the app and restart and quite often the problem repeats.  I have no difficulty streaming using other devices in the home (iMac, iPad Blu-Ray player).

I have checked the internet connection through settings - all is shown as working fine.  I did a factory reset and confirmed I had the up-to-date Firmware (3.004).

I am left with using my Sony Blu-Ray DVD player, which has wifi, to stream Netflix etc - which defeats the object of having a 'Smart' TV.

Clearly the issue is with the TV and not the quality of the internet connection as all other devices work just fine.

Any suggestions as to solutions would be greatly appreciated.

from a frustrated yet devoted Sony user.

2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

Unfortunately there is some issues with Netflix on 2014 and 2015 non-android based TVs and the issue you describe is included.

Issue: Netflix occasionally quits during playback, hangs when loading or causes your TV to restart unexpectedly while trying to stream.

Netflix is aware of the issue, but no fix has been announced as of yet.  I can only suggest to keep using the Bluray player for the time being until this is fixed.

Cheers

profile.country.GB.title
Puylagarde
Explorer

I accept there may well be issues with Netflix as you described, but thesame issue exists when streaming Amazon Prime movies???