Join now - be part of our community!

Sony Bravia KDL-32D3000 - does anyone know how to remove the AV text from the screen?

profile.country.GB.title
ClaireColl
New

Sony Bravia KDL-32D3000 - does anyone know how to remove the AV text from the screen?

Hi,

I'm hoping someone might be able to help me.  

I have a Sony Bravia KDL-32D3000 TV.  We have our Sky box hooked up to it on AV5 but cannot seem to remove the AV5 text from the top left hand side of the screen.  We lost the remote control a while ago and so any way of removing it directly on the set would be really appreciated.  I've tried looking through the menu options but can't seem to find anything that removes the input channel text. 

Thanks!

Claire 

1 REPLY 1
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

In the Digital Set-up menu in settings there is a setting called "Banner Mode".  There is an option to change it to "Basic" or "Full" - unfortunately there is no option to disable it completely as in other Bravia TVs. 

It does appear that you will need a remote control to remove this.  If you know of any friends or family that has a Sony TV, try and borrow their remote - although not always compatible, many buttons can still work between different Sony TVs.

Cheers