Join now - be part of our community!

KDL-42W805A iPlayer issues

NickF60
New

KDL-42W805A iPlayer issues

Hi all, I purchased this TV a couple of weeks ago and am delighted with it in every respect except one; when streaming BBC iPlayer content via wi-fi, it seems that any little interruption in the internet connection causes the programme to stop playing.  To get it going again I have to back up a couple of steps on the on-screen menu, reselect the same programme and then select 'Resume'.  Frankly, this is a pain in the neck.  It seems pretty clear that it's brief glitches in the internet connection that cause the problem - if I watch programmes in standard definition it happens infrequently, if I watch in HD it happens more often.  I have a decent internet connection with more than adequate bandwidth to stream HD content, but no connection is perfect - there are bound to be interruptions occasionally.  Why can't my Sony TV handle any interruptions by just pausing/buffering like my laptop does?  Does anyone else have this problem, and are Sony aware of any issues in this area?  There may be similar problems with other streaming content but I haven't had chance to check yet.  Thanks

Nick

0 REPLIES 0