Join now - be part of our community!

KDL-42W805A (WEB TV)

SOLVED
george_michael
Explorer

KDL-42W805A (WEB TV)

Hello friends i am new member and i wanna ask something about my new sony smart tv KDL-42W805A.

My question is if i can watch through web tv various shows ,films and series?Iam from Greece and to my effort to see some video i did not have any lack.Did i make something wrong or this is unfortunately out of range for this model?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

I have just had a look at the site.  They are using an Adobe Flash plugin for their videos.  Which unfortunately will not work via the inbuilt web-browser.  The website is also quite graphic heavy, of which I would guess this is the reason why you get a "not enough memory error".

So basically - it cannot be done.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news.

Cheers.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there and Welcome to the Sony Forums

From your description, Im gathering that you are trying to watch videos via a website (web.tv) using the TV's inbuilt web browser? 

If that is the case, in most cases it will not work.  Most require a plugin called Flash to be installed (or another plugin) of which you cannot install. 

However if the website is coded in HTML5, the videos "should" play within the browser, as your TV supports HTML5.

Cheers

george_michael
Explorer

Dear friend thank you for your instant reply.

I am trying to watch the content video from http://www.antenna.gr/webtv/live.

To my effort to watch any containt video when i enter my choise -i think the first time i try this- it was written that there is not enough memory.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

I have just had a look at the site.  They are using an Adobe Flash plugin for their videos.  Which unfortunately will not work via the inbuilt web-browser.  The website is also quite graphic heavy, of which I would guess this is the reason why you get a "not enough memory error".

So basically - it cannot be done.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news.

Cheers.

george_michael
Explorer

Thank you again for your instant reply and help.i am obliged !