Join now - be part of our community!

TV Sideview trouble

miastru
New

TV Sideview trouble

Hi.

I have a 46HX755 tv with a BDV-N590 home cinema. I have installed TV sideview on my samsung galaxyS3 and follow the steps it tells me to for registrating the two. But only the home cinema shows up during the search. When i try to connect, it immediately comes up with an error saying: "Device registration failed. Check settings of the device to be registered and try again.

Please help me..

4 REPLIES 4
miastru
New

FYI the tv is a KDL-46HX755..

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

Firstly, are all three devices (ie phone, tv, bluray player) are on the same network (either via wifi or ethernet). 

I have tested this myself just now, and it works flawlessly:

• Install app and run
  • Accept the couple of disclaimer agreements
  • Click add device, which then finds it
  • Click Register on TV
  • All done

I can see that your TV and Home Cinema are on the compatible list, hence the only thing left are network issues.

Cheers.

miastru
New

Yes all are on the same wifi network. But the tv doesnt show up on the phone only the blu-ray homecinema does. Could it be the wireless router that might be ancient and doesnt support that kind of connectivity?

Anonymous
Not applicable

As an experiment, try connecting the tv via an ethernet cable and see how that goes.

EDIT: Forgot to add - Try using a program called Advanced IP Scanner, available : HERE - If this program does not pick up/detect your TV, it is therefore not correctly configured to your network