Join now - be part of our community!

KDL-42W829B NETFLIX AND IPLAYER NOT WORKING

profile.country.GB.title
jcshoreham
Explorer

KDL-42W829B NETFLIX AND IPLAYER NOT WORKING

Hi

BBC I-player and Netflkix stopped working on my 
KDL-42W829B about a month ago. They crash as soon as you start to view a prgramme. The BBC app flashes a message about memory.

The TV is only two years old, cable fed and fully updated. A factory reset had no effect.

I wondered if anyone else had this porblem? I honestly feel that this is the last Sony product io will ever buy at the moment.

jc

14 REPLIES 14
profile.country.GB.title
be11aml

I seem to have this issue too. 

46W905 and every time I go to play anything on Netflix it will crash back to the last source. 

Strangely, it plays fine on the second try. 

Any news on on a fix from Sony or Netflix. 

profile.country.GB.title
jcshoreham
Explorer

Hi

Sadly Sony are not the kind of company who cares about coomunicating with their customers and provide no information on this. Netflix are also not helpful.The second try did not work fo me and 90% of Netflix was unavailable.  I had to let my Netflix subscription lapse as it seemed unfair that I should continue to pay in the hope that someone would fix it when no one will commit to teeling me when the issue is resolved. 

I suspect that it willnever be fixed as the TV is underpowered and Sony have switched their focus to android TV's

My advice is to stop buying Sony products and I am happy to give ithis advice out, as it is the only thing that brings me solace.

jc

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi All

In regards to Netflix - can you please try this potential work-around:  Before starting to play any TV show or movie within Netflix, can you wait about 1 to 2 minutes. 

Please reply back if this works or not?

Cheers

profile.country.GB.title
jcshoreham
Explorer

One month on and the BBCI player now refuses to load content and Amazon app hangs after a few minutes.

This TV is the worst piece of junk I ever bought.

Sony are absolutely no help

I have been buying Sony stuff all my life but I will never ever buy one of their products again after this terrible experience with this TV.

On the plus side, I have reached a new ranking level in the Sony community, which makes the suffering all worthwhile! These people must think we are morons.

profile.country.GB.title
Clairewhetter
New

So this was in June - mine is worse than ever - what is Sony doing about it?