Join now - be part of our community!

KDL-46HX853 No Audio via HDMI

SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
RIchard-H
New

KDL-46HX853 No Audio via HDMI

I bought this unit last December and have thus far failed to get this feature to work, to the point I am thinking it is deffective

My colleague has an older Bravia and this works fine for him (so he told me the other day)

I wanted to watch the 4OD American Football as there is no 4OD on this model or ITV player

I had to resort to listening to the audio from the tiny laptop

I have a Sumvision media box that you can plug a USB in and play films etc. This works using the HDMI port every time I take it abroad + on our really cheap and nasty Tesco 14" LCD TV which is 5 years old

Yet when I try it on the Bravia no sound !!

Also when I use a Compaq Mini 311 with nvidia ION graphichs card and HDMI output port I get the same thing

(I can't remember if I tried the Compaq on the Tesco TV)

But the Sumvision box works everywhere else

Is there one specific HDMI port on the TV that I should be using ?

My Xbox 360 is connected and I get sound. I even tried using that cable on the laptop and Sumvision box

I even tried it in several of the HDMI slots

Any help appreciated

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
RIchard-H
New

Solved it myself

Connected a modern Fujitsu Windows 7 laptop into HDMI 2 and with no further setup managed to get sound through the TV speakers

Must be incompatiable with my little media player box, but buying new laptop and Blu-ray / PVR so can stream ITV player and play MKV files (once I get the right package)

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
RIchard-H
New

Solved it myself

Connected a modern Fujitsu Windows 7 laptop into HDMI 2 and with no further setup managed to get sound through the TV speakers

Must be incompatiable with my little media player box, but buying new laptop and Blu-ray / PVR so can stream ITV player and play MKV files (once I get the right package)