Join now - be part of our community!

Sony Bravia KDL-40BX400 flashing 6 times

SOLVED
Evs111
New

Sony Bravia KDL-40BX400 flashing 6 times

Hi

Just wondered if anyone could help me.

I bought this TV about 2yrs ago. Now when you switch it on the sony logo comes on for a couple of seconds then goes off and the led on the front flashes red 6 times. I got the local tv repair guy to look at it and he said he thinks its the board but hes not 100% sure.

Just wondered if anyone had any ideas before i throw it away. Not impressed with the fact its failed so soon and wont be buying another Sony. Luckily i have a Samsung which ive had about 5yrs with no bother which iam using for now.

Any help would be much appreciated

Cheers

Lee

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

6 blinks is indeed one of the boards (A,B Boards).  Its an overcurrent/short in one of the power circuits

I would suggest you contact an authorised Sony Repair Centre in regards to getting this fixed. 

http://www.sony.co.uk/support/en/repair/asc

Cheers

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

6 blinks is indeed one of the boards (A,B Boards).  Its an overcurrent/short in one of the power circuits

I would suggest you contact an authorised Sony Repair Centre in regards to getting this fixed. 

http://www.sony.co.uk/support/en/repair/asc

Cheers

Evs111
New

Thanks for the quick response

Iam currently living in Australia but bought the set when i lived in the UK. They dont have that model over here thats why iam trying the forum. In your opinion is it definately one of the boards ?? If so is it worth me just taking a punt and trying to source them or am i best just junking the set? because by the time i have seen a sony authorised repairer and the rates they probably charge it would be cheaper buying a new set?? Which btw wouldnt be another sony one if 2 yrs are their limit.

Cheers

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

The blinking lights, always indicates a hardware fault.  There are many boards inside a modern TV and I am unsure on which board/s is faulty.  The information I have is the A, B boards.

Unfortunately, I cannot tell you if it is uneconomical to repair.  But yes, even if the repairer can ascertain the board/s and their time, it can make it more expensive than purchasing a new one (which is the state of our throw-away society)

2 Years is not the norm for a TV to last though.  I would say, you were unlucky on that one to be honest.

Looking at Harvey Norman's website, A Sony W670A is less that $900 - which is not a bad price actually, and im sure that you could get that cheaper too.

Cheers