Join now - be part of our community!

If you, like me, are fed up with Sony's Customer Services, TRY THIS.

STEVEB1244

If you, like me, are fed up with Sony's Customer Services, TRY THIS.

I have a dispute with Sony over the Bravia Xperia Promotion and am exasperated with the casual dismissal that I receive with every e-mail I send.
I was sent by SCS on a fool's errand to the retailer, John Lewis, to gather purchase details that were not needed and were in fact just another delaying tactic before yet another dismissal of my case by SCS.
While I was in the busy department store I noticed potential customers for a Sony TV and for a bit of devilment, or perhaps David Vs Goliath mentality, I introduced myself and explained briefly the problem and my frustration with Sony's attitude towards me.
To my surprise, my interjection was well received and the sale was not concluded.
I must admit this cheered me up considerably, if more people were aware of Sony's duplicity then perhaps Sony would then "up their game" and treat their customers with respect to the benefit of all concerned.

I have never attempted anything like this in my life before and it was not pre-meditated, but nevertheless it was very effective and scuppered the sale.
Drunk now with power, I repeated the process and was soon politely asked to leave the department. I resisted this and the threat of security being called by causing a bit of a scene, as it is hard to justify manhandling a disabled person publicly but ultimately not fair to the store personnel. I have no dispute with the store, they have always been fair with me and acted in good faith on Sony's behalf in making me aware of this atrociously ill-conceived and mal-managed promotion.

After some thought I decided to post my experience here perhaps to encourage similar easy low cost protest where it hurts sales, and perhaps to make Sony aware of the strength of my resolve to reach an equitable solution to the deception and off-hand dismissal I have been subject to. But mainly to vent my frustration and actively hit back against the injustice of my predicament.

I know my next step must be litigation where the outcome depends somewhat on the ability of the prosecuting council and Sony's defence.
But in the mean time any publicity that curtails Sony's sales must focus their attention if they are to maintain market position, especially with Xmas approaching.
The media is a very powerful tool and these days

I am amazed with Sony's position towards the deception I was subject to in order to achieve my purchase and their apparent attitude that this is acceptable business practice.

If you feel you are being taken for a ride by Sony I recommend repeating my experience

0 REPLIES 0