Join now - be part of our community!

KDL-47W807, HD playback problems, menus and graphics disappear

SOLVED
KDL-47W807

KDL-47W807, HD playback problems, menus and graphics disappear

I have the KDL-47W807 and when I play 3D movies from an external hard drive plugged into the USB input on the side of the TV and during the course of the movie playing change to a television channel (e.g. by pressing 1 or 2 on the remote), all the graphical menus disappear from the TV, and it is thus impossible to navigate the TV when you cannot see what you choose with the remote control. There is still image/picture on the screen from the television show, etc., just not the menus, graphics etc. It is only by shutting down the TV completely that the menus return again. I have firmware PKG3.901EUA. What's wrong?

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
KDL-47W807

Thanks, I have already reported everything to Sony and they are looking in to it. Yesterday I upgraded the firmware to PKG4.000EUA. I will test later on if this could resolve anything.

View solution in original post

KDL-47W807

The upgrade to PKG4.000EUA has solved the problem!!! Menus are back, and you can change directly from a 3D-film to a tv channel with everything working flawlessly! GREAT!!!

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
KDL-47W807

Today I visited the shop where I bought the set with my hd with 3D-films and tried  the same scenario there. The problem did not occur with the dealer's show model KDL-47W807, but the firmware on his tv was an older version than mine. I suspect the new firmware (PKG3.901EUA) to be the cause of the problem, but since you cannot load an older firmware in the set, I can't test it on my own set. I have also tried a factory reset without luck...

KDL-47W807

The TV-set from the store I bought it from has this firmware: PKG3.710EUA and it does not have the problem with the graphical menus disappearing when switching directly from a 3D film to a tv channel without turning off the 3D setting.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

Reading though your problem, I think your best bet is to contact Sony Support directly.

See : http://www.sony.co.uk/support/en/contacts/tvhc

Cheers

KDL-47W807

Thanks, I have already reported everything to Sony and they are looking in to it. Yesterday I upgraded the firmware to PKG4.000EUA. I will test later on if this could resolve anything.

costasziros

when your TV play a video form usb or a blueray from playstation - blueray the remotes controls both of them recognised the playstasion and they are controls for playstation at this momment.

If you want you can click at sync menu and you choise

1)if you want one control to be for TV menus and the other for playstation menu.

2)both controls to be for TV menus

if you have the second control (smart control) you click at ke pad button and then you click that image to select device.  TV - or Video to pair with any control you want

So all menus fron TV is available to you

costasziros

this image you must find when you push on smart control the button "key pad"ClickHandler.ashx.jpg

costasziros

Sorry mistake you dont push that button on picture...you push the buton "sync menu" and the you can choose the tv menu
KDL-47W807

Dear Costasziros: Thanks, for your answer, but I guess, it was a solution for my problem, anyhow. But thanks for your time. Cheers.

KDL-47W807

The upgrade to PKG4.000EUA has solved the problem!!! Menus are back, and you can change directly from a 3D-film to a tv channel with everything working flawlessly! GREAT!!!