Join now - be part of our community!

KDL-55W905A Stuttering!!!Random Frame Drop's

kachhh
Explorer

KDL-55W905A Stuttering!!!Random Frame Drop's

Hi, i own Sony KDL-55W905A 
and with latest software update i have experience when watching movies stuttering and random frame drops on any movie. That was never happened before that stupid update. I tried to factory reset the tv but that didn't fix the problem,i tryed to play moves from the different hard drive and still didn't fix the radndom stutter:(. I don't know what to do and now It is so frustrating watching the movies..I hope sony will do something abut this issue soon. 

I would like to downgrade this new firmare and put the previous one that worked just fine..i hope there is a way to do that.

4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

Try experimenting with "Scene Select", "Picture Mode" and "MotionFlow".  Try this:

Scene Select : Cinema

Picture Mode : Cinema 1

MotionFlow : True Cinema

Also have a look at your other picture settings, and see if any others could be "tweaked"

Do you get this "stuttering" when using other sources as well (as in Bluray movies, Freeview, etc)

Cheers

kachhh
Explorer

I don't want to change the settings. I have cinema 1 custom settings and motion flow is set to smooth. I have 100% corrcet settings that i like and that i was using before. Please undertstand when i bought that TV  i spend hours to find the perfect settings i like. I don't want to change them just because of new stupid firmare.Keep in mind that the same settings worked perfectly before the update. I know what i'm doing.

I hope someone who work at sony will see this thread and release new update fix for motion folow frame drop issue.

Anonymous
Not applicable

In your original post, you stated:

"i tryed to play moves from the different hard drive and still didn't fix the radndom stutter"

Are you only experiencing the stutter when watching movies from the hard drive?  What about when watching normal TV (ie Freeview), or blurays (if you have a bluray player) or any other connected devices?

kachhh
Explorer

Tv works fine i think i don't watch tv. I only watch HD movies and series from my 2 hard drives(2T usb 2.0 and 3T usb 3.0) they work perfectly fine,no bad sectors or anything i check all. I know what i'm doing and firmware is the problem here not my equipment.

And i don't have blu ray player.