Join now - be part of our community!

KDL-W405500 Sound but no picture

Hardmetal
New

KDL-W405500 Sound but no picture

This is an occasional fault which has recently developed on my TV. We can be watching the TV (it does not matter where the imput is from) and the picture will flicker badly, it may recover for a short while, but then the picture suddenly disappears completely, there is no sound disruption during this. The TV may have been on for several hours or just a few minutes. There is no video output at all, even the imput and menu are gone. If we switch the TV off for a while, it has so far returned to normal, although the off period may vary from a few minutes to several hours. The picture is excellent while the TV is working correctly. I cannot afford a new TV at this stage, and 5-6 years seems a pretty short lifespan for what was a pretty high spec TV anyway. Im wondering if any of you have experienced this problem, and have any solutions you could pass on. Thanks

2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

Unfortunately it sounds as though your TV has developed a hardware fault - possibly the blacklight inverter board. 

My advice is to contact an authorised Sony Repair Centre to get this properly diagnosed/repaired :

http://www.sony.co.uk/support/en/repair/asc

Cheers

Hardmetal
New

Thank you