Join now - be part of our community!

kdl32bx300 subtitles from usb .

w7kadreva
New

kdl32bx300 subtitles from usb .

trying  to change the buld in fonts  to cp1253   (for   greek  )  .  When  i  turn  on  subtitles in  a  moovie , comes  out  like  chinese  letters. can  i  do  that?

3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

Are you trying to play subtitles via using a .srt file or is the subs coded into the video file?

Cheers

w7kadreva
New

i  have un avi  file  with  separate  subtitles  .srt  with  ANSI  fonts,  (  tryed  alsow  encoding them  in  UTF-8 mode). Both  in same place  with  the  same  name ,   avi  and  srt.  Us the  moovie  playing  ,    turning  on the  subtitles i  can see them  playing  but  the  fonts  looks  like  symbols   unreadable.  I am  living  in  Greece  so  i  have  chosen  greeks subtitles.  Tryed  with  english  subs , the  same  problem.  

my qwestions  are:

1.  can  this  model  32bx300 play  subtitles?

2.   how  can  i  see  greek  subs?

3.  i have  heard  that  if  ill  change  the  fonts  on  tv  in   CP1253  then  i  can  see  Greek  subs.

can  i  do  that?

Thanks  for  response..

profile.country.en_GB.title
Bravia55HX

Hi,

unfortunately you cannot get the subtitle file to work from usb on your tv, the best way and by far easier to use a media server (Serviio is excellent for this), you need to download the subtitles for your movie in your language and make sure the .srt file has the same name as the movie.